Chapter 4

Found Again.

ALEX'S P.O.V.

I chuckled at the girl in front of me, her shy smile was adorable in that little kid way. However, this Ella reeked of fear so I knew she'd keep my secret that I am here. And now that I have McKinley's necklace she won't be able to hide anymore, but I will. I grinned at the thought; I will use her tricks against her. This is why I love McKinley, she is clever and knows how to survive, hell she even made a deal with my childhood buddy Carter to be able to shift and hunt in his territory.

"How do you know Micky..." she stuttered.

"Let's just say I'm an old friend who has been looking for her for a very long time," I told the girl gently. I wonder why McKinley is protecting this pup. There must be something because McKinley is kind but she wouldn't risk being with someone if she was on the run.

"Ookie... bye," she said quietly and shut the door. I grinned; I found my mate and my Alpha, the rightful alpha of the pack I'm babysitting.

I turned around and walked off the wrap around porch, I know it is stalker like but I have a right to her. I shifted, forgetting my clothes and I gripped the necklace in my mouth gently so I wouldn't be sensed. I trotted around the massive mansion looking for a back door, I found one. There was a door that leads straight into the back wash room, there were no electric machines but there were giant wooden tubs. This was a very old manner; I believe this was actually a castle... I wonder which supernatural family it belonged to.

I walked out of the wash room and into the rest of the basement; in the corner there was a massive titanium cage with and silver lacing it. The cage was fit to hold Jeremiah Rose himself, I walked around and came to a shelf full of old books, picking it up I flipped through the pages and saw it was a scrap book. I smiled as I saw it was pictures of the old pack that lived here, then I paused, there was an old photo of a bunch of 20-30 year olds sitting around a table. I went over the faces and my heart stopped, there was a young girl sitting next to a man with her hand in his. The girl looked a lot like McKinley; their hair was the same, as well as the face shape, I am sure if it would've been in color then her eyes would be the same. The man next to her had McKinley's smile and warm hearted persona overall. I glanced over the faces again and saw a Jeremiah Rose sitting with a girl on his lap, the girl had that Ella's nose and she wore glasses as well, Jeremiah had the girl's smile and lips.

I gently slipped the photo out of the slip and looked at the back, in hand written print it read: First Royal families meeting at the Mandrake Castle Guests left to right: Ryker Blake, Jessica Blake, Noah and Tiffany Blake; Oswald Jade, Mariah Jade, Nicholas Jade; Logan Mandrake, Jemma Mandrake; Jeremiah Rose, Natalie Rose.

I recognized Jemma's name as McKinley's mother but I didn't recognize Logan, also I knew the Roses names. I flicked further through the pages and saw a photo of a little older Jemma and Logan playing with a boy about two and a girl a little over one. This photo had faded color and I saw it was a photo of McKinley... I thought she was Chris' biological kid... I flipped further and there was nothing after a photo of Jemma holding both her kids with a sign behind them saying 'HAPPY SECOND MCKINLEY AND MASON'. I stared at the photo with unease. Apparently McKinley was adopted by her dad...

I slammed the book closed and slipped it back on the shelf; I walked over to the records and looked around. There were documents about taking territory and giving it to others, all business. Deciding to explore more I walked out of the basement and up the stairs to where I came to a door, quickly I opened the door and was greeted by the east wing kitchen. There were 2 and I'm guessing Ella and my mate only know about the west wing one.

I looked around at the dusty room and saw a photo just laying on the counter, actually a post card, walking up I read it aloud "the hunters have got the Roses, their daughter is gone and now they are after Mason and I. You take McKinley and start a new life with another male; I'll see you again no matter what my love Jemma"