XIV

-

The Next Morning

-

I yawned and stretched a bit before opening my eyes.

After my eyes adjusted to the sunlight, I realized that I wasn't in the lab anymore. I was in my room, laying in my own bed, and Hyuck's kitten was laying on top of me.

It meowed at me and I gently pet it. But, where's Donghyuck? He's not in the room at all.

I sat up and rested the kitten on my shoulder, and I slowly got out of bed. I made my way to bathroom and started brushing my teeth.

But...

My teeth don't feel sharp anymore?

I finished brushing and thoroughly rinsed out my mouth, before investigating further. I opened my mouth, and my teeth were completely normal??

And...

My eyes aren't golden yellow anymore?!

They're back to their normal brown again!

And my ears and tail are gone too!!

I ran out of the bathroom and scurried down the stairs, finding my mom and Donghyuck sitting in the kitchen.

"Hyung~. You're finally awake~"

He ran up to me and tightly hugged me.

But, he was different too!

His ears and tail are gone! And his eyes aren't hazel anymore! They were also back to their normal brown color!

"Hyuckie! What happened?! When did we turn back to normal?!"

"We had a feeling that you wouldn't remember. We escaped captivity in the lab, and you took us straight to the hideout. But the others followed us, and they brought antidotes with them. We all took ours without a problem, but after you took yours, you tried attacking Taeyong-hyung. But Jaehyun-hyung tranquilized you, and you were out ever since"

"How come I don't remember any of that...? I only remember when we went to sleep in the cage..."

"Well, you weren't really in your right mind after you woke up. I think that the lion in you was starting to take over completely. There were times when I could barely understand what you were trying to tell me. I think you were trying to fight it though, because you were still so nice to me and you insisted on protecting me~"

"That's a relief..."

I sighed.

I would hate myself if I ended up hurting Hyuckie...

"But~, we're all back to normal now~. And our hyungs are making more antidotes right now, so everyone else that was affected will be back to normal soon too~"

He happily cheered.

"That's great to hear~. But wait. Does this mean that I can't eat meat anymore...?"

"Only one way to find out~"

Mom came over, and handed me a strip of bacon from breakfast.

I licked it, and then bit it, quietly tasting it. After a few seconds, my smile returned to my face.

"It's still so good~~~"

"Yay~"

My mom cheered, softly clapping.

"Vegetables and fruits are still very good to me too~. It should be the same for the others and their new likes too~"

"Speaking of which, are they all awake yet?"

"They are~. I can tell them to meet us at the hangout in an hour. In the meantime, you can go eat breakfast now~"

"Right~"

-

1 Hour Later
At The Hangout

-

"We're here guys!"

"We're inside hyung!"

Jeno replied.

Hyuck and I walked through the door, and were pleased at the sight before us.

Everyone was completely fine and back to normal, and they all had smiles on their faces~.

But, there was still something out of the ordinary.

There were two other guys here. They look familiar, but I don't know why.

Either way, no one else knows about our hideout, except for Taeyong, Jaehyun, and our parents.

So, what are they doing here? And how did they find our hideout?

"So..., who are you two?"