X

-

15 Minutes Later

-

Thankfully, Mark was still out cold when we got to the lab.

Jaehyun led us inside, and brought us to a room we'd never seen before. He brought Mark into the room and placed him in another human sized cage, laying him on top of the little bed that was inside of it.

He rested his head on a small pillow and covered him with a blanket, to make sure that he was comfortable

Even though he didn't want to do it, he locked the cage, trapping Mark inside.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this Mark..."

He silently mumbled to him, before walking away from the cage.

"What do we do now hyung...?"

Renjun questioned.

"We have snacks and beverages in our break room. You're all welcome to help yourselves if you want some. You all can go back home at any time. We'll keep Mark here, until we find an antidote"

He sadly stated before leaving the room.

"You guys go on ahead. I'll stay here with Mark-hyung..."

I sat on the floor in front of the cage, watching over Mark as he slept.

"...We're really sorry Hyuck. We didn't mean to upset you earlier. We'll leave you alone with him"

Jeno apologized, and they all left the room.

I returned my attention to Mark after they left. Even after everything that happened back home, he's still sleeping peacefully.

His breathing is steady, his tail sways every few seconds, and I can hear small purrs coming from him.

I stuck my hand through the bars, and held his hand. To my surprise, even though he was sound asleep, he held my hand and smiled softly.

"I promise I won't leave you. I'll be with you no matter what. I love you hyung. Nothing will ever change that"

He's always been there for me, and now I want to be there for him.

Mark and his mom took me in after my parents passed away in a car accident. We had the same surname, so that made it even better.

Whenever I felt down, he was there to cheer me up. Whenever I was sick, he was there to take care of me. Whenever I needed help with anything, he was there to help me.

And in those tough times when I was grieving for my parents, he was always there to comfort and love me.

I can't just leave him here like this. Even if he might end up hurting me, I don't care. I just have a feeling that he won't try to hurt me, even if he's not in his right mind.

I'll do anything I can to help him, no matter what it may be. I'll prove that I can be a true brother to him.

I'll prove just how much I love him, and I'll prove just how much I appreciate everything he's done for me.