XV

"So..., who are you two?"

Mark asked the two strangers.

They seem familiar, but I haven't the slightest clue why.

"I'm Shotaro~"

"I'm Sungchan~"

They introduced themselves.

"After you two escaped from the lab, Taeyong-hyung introduced us to these two, to demonstrate how the antidote worked. And they also go to our school"

Chenle explained.

"But they're practically never there, since they work at the lab with our hyungs. Taeyong-hyung and Jaehyun-hyung asked us if we could let them hang out with us"

Jisung continued.

"They don't have any other friends, aside from each other. So they thought that we could be friends with them and let them hang out with us, especially since they got turned into hybrids too"

Jaemin explained further, and the two nodded.

"You two got turned into hybrids too??"

"Yup! I was a Japanese Bobtail, and Sungchannie was a Shiba Inu!"

Shotaro cheerfully exclaimed.

"We probably wouldn't have been turned if we hadn't gone to school on that day specifically... We're sorry to intrude into your private hangout spot. But we're really glad to be here, and we promise not to tell anyone else about this place"

Sungchan seemed very cautious about his words.

"There's no need to apologize! We were just a bit confused is all. You two are more than welcome here. I'm not very good with initiations, but... Welcome to our crew~!"

Mark cheered, and everyone else clapped for them.

-

"Hey guys! Taeyong-hyung and Jaehyun-hyung are on the news!"

Jeno suddenly exclaimed, staring down at his phone.

He stood his phone up against the countertop, so that we all could see it.

"I'm in the news too

"I'm in the news too...?"

Mark frowned.

"It says, 'Lion seen rampaging through the local area confirmed to be a victim of the mysterious Hybrid Breakout'. Well..., at least they know that you weren't a threat in the end hyung~"

"Thanks Sungchan..."

"They worked really hard to make the antidotes, and they don't have any horrible side effects either. They deserve all of this recognition and more"

Shotaro smiled, giving the headline his undivided attention.

"Look. They're gonna have a live interview with them in a couple hours. Should we stay here, or should we go somewhere with an actual TV?"