IV

"What the hell are we...?"

"I looked it up. It seems that anyone or anything that's a mix of an animal and a human is called a Hybrid"

Donghyuck informed.

"Is there a way to change us back????"

"So far, no. Things like this are straight out of science fiction. So, of course, there's not gonna be the slightest thought of a cure for our condition..."

"Right... I wonder if this happened to any of the others"

"Maybe we should check the groupchat?"

We walked over to our phones to check for any messages, and there were tons from all of them, except for Jisung.

I wonder why?

Long story short, most of the texts read to meet at the hideout as soon as possible, and others were just random gibberish.

"We should go now huh?"

"Yes, let's"

-

We left my mom a note saying we'd be back soon.

Unfortunately, we had to wear hoodies to hide our ears, and I had to make a container of meat for me and vegetables for Donghyuck before we both went insane.

When we got there, everyone was wearing hoodies too, but Jisung was still nowhere to be found. I couldn't help but notice that Jaemin was the only one wearing an extra hoodie around his waist.

"S-So..., what seems to be the trouble?"

I stuttered.

"WE'RE ALL FREAKS"

Chenle squealed.

"Hybrid freaks..."

Renjun sighed.

"So it happened to you guys too..."

"Wait, what happened to you and Hyuck?"

Jeno asked.

I pulled off my hood along with Donghyuck's.

"He's a fox, and I'm a lion cub..."

"That would explain your cravings then"

Renjun stated.

"What animal did you become?"

He avoided my gaze as he removed his hood, revealing light brown pointed ears on his head.

"A wolf..., specifically a Mackenzie Valley Wolf..."

Chenle tried to pet him, but Renjun started growling at him.

"W-What about you Jeno?"

He happily removed his hood and showed off his small rounded black ears.

"I'm a Panda~!"

Chenle tried petting him, and Jeno happily let him.

"I'm just gonna come out and say that I'm an Otter, and I'm just covering my tail since my ears are barely noticeable"

Jaemin butted in.

"What are you Chenle?"

I asked, and he stopped playing with Jeno's ears.

"I'm a Hamster~"

I squished his cheeks, and they were very squishy and soft like a hamster.

How cute~.