IX

The six of us rushed back to my place as soon as I hung up the phone.

This is happening way too soon. Something must've happened for him to eat two pellets.

Considering that Mark is a lion now, there's no telling what damage he might cause if he loses control.

He's the most dangerous of us all now, and I can only hope he doesn't accidentally hurt mom.

We finally made it, and barged through the front door. Thankfully, Mark wasn't anywhere in sight, and mom had just hung up her phone.

"Did Mark do anything?!"

"No! He just told me to call Hybrid Control!"

"He must want us to take him to the lab after they apprehend him. Animal Control would be a bad choice"

Chenle mumbled.

"We can't just leave him alone up there while we wait for them to come!"

"But we also can't go up there Hyuck"

Jeno stopped me from going up the stairs.

"I'm not leaving him alone. I know he's suffering, and I know he wants me with him, even if he told me to stay away"

"He doesn't want to hurt you Hyuck. You would be going against his wishes if you went up there. We're not even supposed to be here"

Renjun held my hand to try and persuade me, but I yanked my hand away.

"I don't care! I'm not gonna let him suffer, just because the rest of you are scared of him!"

They were all taken aback by my outburst.

I was about to walk up the stairs again, but Jisung stopped me.

"...I-I'll go with you"

"M-Me too..."

Jaemin followed behind him.

Soon enough, they all agreed to come with me, while mom waited for Hybrid Control.

-

We slowly made our way up the stairs, as to not accidentally agitate Mark.

I've come to learn that he's very sensitive to vibrations whenever he shapeshifts. The vibrations of our feet could agitate him if we walk too hard.

We finally made it upstairs, and I slowly and quietly opened the door. We all saw Mark sitting in a corner of the room, as a lion.

We could hear light groans coming from him every few seconds, and he kept lightly banging his head against the wall

It only made me more sad to see him like this, suffering in silence...

As if he knew we were here, he turned his head and just stared at us. He looked at each one of us, but then he started growling at us.

"H-He doesn't want us to be here hyung..."