Eighteen

As she looks on she sees a silhouette of two beings behind all the chaos. When they step out of the shadows she sees two men; one of the faces were familiar to her... Unfortunately.

It was Devon and another Asian man who looked almost as old as him with pale skin and black hair.

She would not deal with this. She didn't want to deal with Devon. He was a horrible person who had almost lured her to her death. He would have kept her there and make her turn out like Joseph. Training practice gone wrong.

The Asian man stretched his hands forward in her direction and she felt a gust of mighty wind all around her. Everyone felt it, it was very strong and toppled some of the police cars over. People ran for their lives thinking it was a tornado but they had never seen anything like it.

It knocked over the roof of some buildings and made all the kitchen utensils fly off where she was. It was relentless and didn't reduce but grew stronger by every passing second.

She felt weightless as her feet flew off the floor and she fell backwards hitting her back hard on the floor. As if she had grown wings, she flew around the kitchen hitting her body on every corner of the ceiling.

She tried to hold on to the slab but it flew off with her as she hit the ceiling once more and barely missing the giant marble slab coming for her head.

The wind pulled her right out of the window and she hits her back on one of the vehicles, destroying the window and denting the door. Honestly, at this point, she felt sorry for her spinal cord.

Landing face first on the road she just lies there. She had no strength to get up and run, she hadn't eaten anything since she had escaped and now she regretted it. It felt like she could no longer carry herself and those ten kilogram weights were attached all over her body.

"Stay down!" A female police officer says as her colleagues, like fifteen in number, surrounded Talia.

They didn't have to tell her twice. She didn't even want to get up, she wanted the ground to swallow her. Now she regretted not jumping out of the window and envied the officer that she had just pushed out of the window.

"Get up slowly. Now!" She orders and Talia obliges. Raising both hands in the air she stands on her knees, her legs too weak to carry her.

Suddenly, the air feels still around her and she notices that the wind has stopped. All the police officers who have gathered around her point their guns directly at her head.

She was dead.

They then do the unexpected. They all turn to each other and point the guns at the person beside them. The woman who shouted out the orders pointed her gun to the woman beside her and that woman pointed her gun to the man beside her and it went round like that.

Before she could even process what was going on they had pulled the trigger and all of them had fallen flat on the floor.

Everyone stood still and Talia looked at the sight with confusion. Her mouth agape and this time she wasn't sure if it was her fault. Luckily, everyone saw it and no one could blame her for this.

"What... Happened?" Damie says.

Talia sees Devon step out of the shadows and grabs Talia by her wrist dragging her with him. Talia tries to punch his groin but he's too quick and strikes her on the cheek.

"I'm so sorry, love, but you've made things unreasonably difficult." He continues to drag her and she has no strength to fight him. He must have done it, he killed all of them so that he would be able to take her away more easily.