Chapter 1

Hey everyone! As you all know I had been working on Divergent Gift Exchange 2020 on archiveofourown aka AO3. So here it is :D

For Corrina Lannister (AO3)

Inspired by Heart Attack by Demi Lovato. Please listen to it first to get a sense of what Tris will go through in this one-shot. I literally cry every time I hear the song. I wrote this short fic for my assignment for Divergent Gift Exchange 2020 (fic ex as I call it).
This short fic diverges from Tris's initiation party. No war obviously.
#Fix-It

The newly initiated members had a week off to choose a job of their choice and since she ranked first, Tris Prior could pick from the highest ranking job that's leader in training to the lowest ranking job which was scrubbing the toilets. Tris was happy that she had such a large number of opportunities.

"Miss Prior," someone called out, making her turn around to face them. It was Max, head leader of Dauntless himself.

"First off, I believe congratulations are in order," Max said with a smirk,causing her to blush. Tris knew she would never be able to accept compliments without turning red like a tomato. She inwardly cursed her Abnegation upbringing for refusing them praise, even when it was earned.

"You did very well, Miss Prior. Can I call you Tris?" he asked with a wink and laughing afterwards at Tris' expected Abnegation oriented response.

"Of course, Mr Walker. Can I call you Max?" she countered, feeling brave.

"Touche." He chuckled before continuing. "On to more important matters. I have a letter for you. Take some time to consider this," he said, putting an envelope in her hands that had the bold Dauntless leadership stamp on it.

Tris tried to keep her composure. After all who wanted to freak out in front of the head leader? But in reality she just wanted to squeal like Christina since she was well aware of what was inside. She rushed towards Four's apartment, where she had been living for the last two days.

He had asked her to move in. Tris knew they were moving at a very fast pace in their new found relationship, but agreed to live with him nonetheless. They had both been Abnegation, born and raised, so she knew he would respect her boundaries. So here she was, fishing the key from her bag. Tris was excited. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Leadership only directly approached those who showed potential.

"Tobias! Tobias, where are you?" she looked around the apartment. Rather than sticking with his smaller, single apartment they had moved into a large one for both of them.

"Tris! Tris, what's wrong, love?" Four approached her, a worried expression on his face. Tris stared in his deep blue eyes and decided to be bold for the second time in the same day.

Jumping up, she wrapped her arms around his neck and standing at her tiptoes, kissed him passionately. Without wasting a second, Tobias wrapped his arms around his girlfriend as he lifted her off the ground all the while kissing her passionately. He carried them backwards, towards their bedroom. Feeling her back hit the wall, Tris decided to slow down and softly ended the kiss. Smiling at her boyfriend, she kissed his nose, making him smile.

"You ok?" Tobias asked her and she smiled softly, her cheeks flushing at his smirk. Of course, his ego appreciated the sentiment. She smacked his arm jokingly.

"I was thinking that maybe I can choose my job." Tobias's smiling face changed to a blank expression. Tris added with a smile, "And I was thinking that maybe my amazing boyfriend will help me identify the pros and cons of what's available."