Chapter 4

"Tris. Baby, I am so sorry. I should've gone with you, but I was too busy being petty and jealous. Come back to me Tris. Open your eyes, love, please."

Tris heard the voice as she started drifting back into consciousness. The voices started clearing and with a few tries, Tris succeeded in opening her eyes.

"Eric!" Tris gasped, recognizing the owner of the voice.

"I am right here baby, stay with me." His ruthless asshole personna was crumbling at hearing her first word after waking up. He had been barking orders at the medical staff the entire time she had been out.

"I am sorry. I love you Eric," she lifted her uninjured arm and stroked his cheek softly, Eric leaned into her. "I love you, Eric, so so much." Feeling her eyes get heavy again, Tris succumbed to sleep.

-o0o-

The four year old brunette boy ran as fast as he could. He had to reach the leadership office before...

"Kyle! Come back to the daycare right this minute or I will tell your father." Shauna, the daycare manager, yelled. She swore that boy had infinite energy and he was always up to no good.

Kyle laughed, good naturedly. If anything, his dad was the best. He only had to fear his mommy. She was very strict.

"Go ahead, Miss Shauna," he said with a smirk. "Tell my daddy."

Shauna grinned evilly and twirled her hair before yelling his mother's name.

He looked at her with his dark blue eyes wide open. Shauna knew he was baiting her with the puppy dog eyes, and just like always, she fell for it.

Seeing Shauna's expression soften, he skipped towards the leadership offices, knowing that Shauna, like always, would cover for his messes.

What he didn't know was that Shauna had become immune to his charm.

-o0o-

"How is leadership treating ya stiff?" Eric asked, grinning mischievously. Jumping out of her chair, Tris shoved him in a wall roughly.

"You take that back, Eric, or I swear," she yelled, knowing he was trying to get on her nerves.

"How's the presentation for Jeanine going?" he asked coolly, knowing she was hot headed and angered easily.

"Why can't you do it," she whined. "You were Erudite born and raised. I'm sure you can make a crappy presentation about garbage bags and Jeanine will look at you like you are some genius who invented a flying machine."

"Hmmm. Giving up already stiff?" Eric smirked and he swore he saw steam coming out of her ears.

"I am not a stiff!" she retorted hotly, shoving him once again.

The office door opened and Max peeked in. "Are you kids behaving?"

"Maaaaax! Tell him to stop calling me stiff. I transferred to Dauntless and ranked first. I am not a stiff anymore!" she whined, hoping she would get Max's favour since she was his favorite junior leader.

Chuckling, Max pulled her away from Eric and said, "Eric stop calling Tris a stiff. She was first ya know. And she has completed her leadership training two weeks faster than you."

Tris smirked at a huffing Eric. "You are my stiff," he grumbled, but she had heard him.

"Then I will call you Nose since I am stiff," Tris retorted, loving Eric's resulting growl. Damn! That was sexy. Do it again, Eric. she thought, her mind going to how they christened her office when she became a leader.