The Battle Begins

Man! I'm so hyped to write this! I can finally write this scene! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing this! This scene and another scene is going to be so much fun to write!

Your author,

Alsé.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Askeladd releases a breath, steadying his nerves.

"Can I talk to you- before we say goodbye?"

"It won't change anything", Torgrim replied, a bit unease starting to pool into his head.

"We've been together for a long time. We laughed together, we drank together, and we made it through hell and back many times...", the men feel shame- it bleeds into their hearts and they hold their breath. "I never told you this before. For the last decade, we've spent together... I actually hated you guys." Askeladd confessed.

"What?", the men are taken aback by Askeladds answer.

"You worthless Danes. You're worse than pigs."

Askeladd dragged his blade out of its sheath and it whirrs in the air, a ring of blood is made and splattered onto the snow. The two heads fly in the air, shock casting permanently on the faces'.

Elena couldn't help but feel pride at how awesome her husbando is. But this wasn't time to gawk at a man, no. This was the time where she needs to be the one ogled at.

Her hands are near her rods(or batons), ready to transform them into guns if need be.

Torgrim curses under his breath. He shouts out an order to capture the prince. Askeladd in return, calls to Thorfinn, slicing down an opponent as he does so.

Thorfinn is quick, pulling out his throwing knives and throwing them with accuracy. Hitting some in the eye, throat and whatever other vulnerable places. Elena starts to turn one of her batons into a Glock pistol. The ebony black metal changes shape in a fluid motion, forming and twisting. It's heavy as a Glock pistol*. She doesn't use it, but she has it ready.

Bjorn raises his horsewhip and hits the horses. The horses react to this and dash away.

Torgrim curses and calls another order for a portion of his men to chase after the sled. Askeladd catches on quickly, jerking an axe out of a body and throwing it at one of the men from a long distance.

The horses pull the sled at a surprising speed, but the men are starting to surround it.

"What are you doing? Kill them, Thorfinn!", hollered  Bjorn, "Throw your knives!"

Thorfinn turns his head, glowering at the back of Bjorn.

"Shut up! I'm out of throwing knives!", Thorfinn yelled back.

Elena makes sure the safety is off and pulls the slide back-aims at one of the men. She doesn't know if there's a bullet here or not and isn't entirely sure what the bullets would be made of- but she has to try.

She takes an inhale and prepares her ears for some ringing.

Bang!

A nice headshot, tight in the middle of the eyes. She doesn't waste any time though, she jumps off and lands on the horse, reeling it back and then turning away. Back to the main fight where Askeladd is. She needs to start showing off her powers and strength.

The blast is loud, Thorfinn and Bjorn flinch at the sound and Askeladd momentarily turns to it, before he cuts another man down.

"Sorry!", Elena shouted as she rode off.