𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 / 5

ROWAN

I talked.

I talked to two people I barely even know. Like it was nothing.

It had been years since I had said a word to anyone and then they come around and I just spoke to them like it was nothing. Sure it was only one word but that doesn't mean anything. I had spoken to strangers.

I mean sure I liked both of them and I thought they were nice but...

"You okay Ro?" I looked up at Storm and nodded. I was laying with my head on his left leg while Ollie was on his right. He smiled down at us. He had his hands resting on mine and Ollie's stomachs and would occasionally tickle us a little bit.

Ollie flipped over onto his stomach and started poking my cheek gently and I giggled.

"You two are way too adorable for your own goods" Storm shook his head at us. Ollie and I both smiled at him then I rolled over onto my stomach to poke Ollie's cheek in time with him poking mine.

"You boys seem to be having fun"

We all looked up seeing my mom standing in the door way. I giggled and nodded as Ollie poked my cheek one last time. "I was just coming to say goodnight. I'll see you boys in the morning" I nodded I signed goodnight and I love you to her which she happily signed back.

She had brought some blankets and pillows in not to long ago for Storm and Ollie which led to us making a fort to sleep in at the bottom my bed.

I looked at Ollie and signed letting him know that I was sleepy.

"Isn't that the sign for tired?" Storm asked.

Ollie and I both looked up at him with proud grins and nodded. A smile formed on Storms face. "Then go to sleep Ro" He said as he pushed some hair away from my face. I shook my head and laid back down on his lap.

I could hear him whispering something to Ollie and before I knew it I was being picked up and carried into the fort. I quietly whined due to not wanting to sleep but that didn't change anything.

Storm laid me down on the pile of pillows and blankets we had and laid my favorite blanket over me.

"Sweet dreams Ro" He whispered softly before kissing my forehead. I smile half heartedly from being tired and closed my eyes.

I felt him and Ollie lay next to me then felt Ollie grab my hand like he did when we took our nap.

Before I knew it it was the next morning and they were gone.

I sat up and pouted before noticing there was a note beside me.

It read "Hey love.. We decided to let you sleep. Sorry for not saying bye. You can come over whenever you wake up if you want.. - Storm

I smiled at the fact that he had called me love and decided I was gonna go hang out with them today. I quickly crawled out the fort and stood up to stretch. A squeak like yawn slipped past my lips before I skipped over to my bag.

I hadn't had time to unpack anything yesterday due to Storm and Ollie being here. I decided to keep it simple and put on a pair of sweatpants and a random t-shirt.. I could take a shower later.

Feet carried me over to my nightstand where my phone was charging and I found another note. This one being from Ollie.

"I'm sorry Ro Ro. Storm's a meanie butt and said we had to go. I'll miss u so much :("

I giggled and put the note in my pocket then ran downstairs.

"Morning hun" I heard my mom say from the kitchen I waved at her then signed letting her know where I was going. She grinned and nodded. "Have fun sweetheart" I smiled then ran out the front door and across the lawn to Storm and Ollies house.

I didnt even have a chance to knock before Ollie was opening the door and dragging me in. I squeaked and wrapped my arms around him so I wouldn't fall.

He giggled and kissed my cheek softly causing me to blush.

"Ollie? Who was at the— Oh! Hi Ro!"

I looked towards Storm and waved shyly before looking down at my feet.

Ollie pulled me into the living room and plopped down onto the couch. I followed suit by sitting down gently.

"How did you sleep love?" Storm asked me as he handed me a glazed donut. I shrugged and took a bite of the donut and signed thank you to him. 

"No problem" He grinned at me. 

Soon I was finished with my donut and Ollie and I were watching a movie called Rango while Storm was in the kitchen. 

"Who wants cupcakes?" I hear Storm ask.. Ollie and I looked at each other with wide eyes and abandoned our movie for the cupcakes in the kitchen. Storm handed each of us a plate with two Cream Cheese frosting covered French Vanilla cupcakes and made us sit at the table.

I did a small happy dance as I ate my cupcakes while Storm told me the story of how he and Oliver had met.

He said they had gone to the same school. They started off being friends due to Storm tutoring Ollie in math and by the time Storm had graduated they were in a pretty serious relationship.

It made me happy how far they had come and how long they had been together... 

I wish I could have something like what they have. Although me being mute could potentially get in the way of that I still have hope that I could find a love like Storm and Ollie have for each other.. 

That's all I want right now.

,','