𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 / 9

𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑹𝑴

Oliver seemed off...

For the last few days he's been real clingy. Which personally I'm not complaining about but he only does this when somethings wrong.

Whenever I ask him if there's a reason for this he just ignores me or shrugs.

He knows if sometimes wrong—which clearly it is—he can talk to me about it. So I'm not sure why he isn't coming to me about it.

Rowan had been home for the last couple of days due to not feeling good so that left me with nothing but time to get Ollie to talk to me.

As of right now he was taking a shower and I was making him his favorite dinner. Shrimp Alfredo.

It was possible he would know what I was up to since it's rare that I actually make this for him. We usually get it from Olive Garden.

However I knew he was gonna be thrilled since he hasn't had it in a while. By the time Oliver was out of the shower I had the table set and was putting the food on our plates.

Ollie squealed when he realized what it was and nearly tackled me while he tried to hug me.

I smiled at him and kissed top of his head.

"I know it's been a while since you had it so I thought I would surprise you" He grinned and stood on his tippy toes to kiss me which I was taking as him saying thank you.

Now that the trap is set. All I have to do is try to talk him into telling me what's going on.

I understand if he doesn't want to tell me but I can't help him if I don't know what's going on and I hate seeing him upset like this.

He was never really one to keep things from people.

We sat down to start eating and Ollie had a huge smile on his face ad he started to twirl the Alfredo around his fork.

"You okay love?" I asked him gently and he nodded with a smile. "I'm serious. Are you okay?"

His smile dropped slightly and he looked down at his plate and started to pick at his food.

"Ollie I can tell somethings wrong..."

I stood up and walked over to where he was sitting on the other side of the table. I crouched down next to him and made him look at me.

"I just want to make sure you're okay baby. I can't do that if you won't tell me what's wrong"

Oliver reached behind his chair and grabbed one of our spare notepads and started writing.

He told me that for the longest time he's had nightmares about being held hostage and tortured and his partners not being able to save him.

He said that one time I was the one that was his torturer.

And in his most recent one he had to watch Rowan and I die...

By the time I was finished reading what he had written down I had tears rolling down my face. It made me feel terrible that he had never told me about this.

It made me feel terrible knowing that I couldn't help him.

"Baby..." I looked at him and put my hands on his thighs. "Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?"

He shrugged and grabbed the notepad again.

"Didn't want you to worry about me" Was what he wrote and I shook my head.

"It's my job to worry about you love." I told him. "As your partner I'm supposed to worry about you no matter what"

Ollie stared at my hands on his thighs.

"I understand if you don't really want to talk about it right now.." I squeezed his thighs gently. "But please tell me next time it happens so I can try to help"

He hesitantly nodded then reached up to wipe away the tears that were forming in his eyes.

"I just want you to be okay baby" 

He once again nodded before leaning forward to kiss me. I gladly kissed back and pulled him off the chair into my lap. He pulled away from the kiss and pressed his forehead against mine. 

"I l-love you" He whispered out. "I love you more baby boy" I whispered back before giving him another quick peck on the lips. 

When I first asked him out I made a vow to protect him no matter what. I will forever hold that vow. As long as I'm around and as long as I'm alive nothing will ever happen to Oliver.

I'll make sure of it. 

,','