Chapter Twenty Nine - Not Getting Involved

I was asked by my father to come over for breakfast

I was asked by my father to come over for breakfast. I walked in and saw him siting at the dining table with Lily.

"Okay I'm here. What have I done?" I plopped down on the chair, crossed my legs and removed my sun glasses."

"Nothing sweetheart, can't we have breakfast together?" Dad replied taking a sip of his coffee

"Fine. So have you heard the latest news. Chuck screwed up...again." I smirked seeing my brother come in with Eric and Serena

"What did he do this time?" Dad sighed getting to hear my tattle on him.

"You mean who? Isn't that right brother." I pick apart a crosspoint eating it "Blair Waldorf."

"Hello to you too sister, what poison are you spreading today? Morning Father." he greeted us sitting down at the table.

"Morning kids." Eric came to sit next to me

"Only the truth, brother it shall set you free. So Chuck, he slept with Blair repeatedly knowing him and the proceeded to blackmail her into staying away from Nate and people call me crazy." I blab casually while eating.

"Is this true, Chuck." Father asked

"My work here is done." I beam standing up going to leave

"Rose, Lily had something she wanted to ask you." Dad stated and I turned my attention to her.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you to be one of my bridesmaids. And that we spend some time together now that I'm marrying your father."

"I will be a bridesmaid as long it's not a god awful look, I will take into consideration in spend time with you at some point, let's settle for not me being a raging bitch." She and my father shared a look

"Okay."

"You do realise that's my Mom, your talking to." Serena added

"You do realise I offered to stop being a bitch. Baby steps. And I haven't walked out within five minutes of getting here. Progress." I retort grabbing another pastry and a apple. It was 10 minutes which is 5 minutes better than usual.

"Now I am off to pick up Nathaniel. I'm his new favourite Bass. Father, Brother. Future extended family"

"Rose." the nodded. I left and went to pick up Nate, we walked to school together.

"So, the Van Der Woodsers' have moved in with my brother and father." I state

"Not you?"

"Nope, It was offered but I am happy and settled in Brooklyn. My father was okay not to mess with that. I am also trying to think before I speak and last more than 10 minutes in the couples presence. How's your Dad?" I answered then changed the subject

"He's doing okay, yeah. I've been visiting him."

"That's good. I'm glad he's doing better. You seem a lot happier too, happy Nate." I grin poking his cheek. He laughed. When we arrived in school we saw Serena and Blair arrive at the same time as well. I saw Jenny dump some yogurt on Blair. Most laughed as Serena rushed her away. I shook my head.