Chapter Twenty Three - Christmas with the Waldorfs

I had my arm looped through Blairs as the two of us and Eleanor walked ahead of Harold and Roman

I had my arm looped through Blairs as the two of us and Eleanor walked ahead of Harold and Roman. We were heading for the skating rink well everyone but Eleanor who had a meeting to go to.

"I can't believe you're okay with this." Blair sighed

"Who said I'm okay with this? What am I supposed to do, make a scene? Behave like some pathetic scored wife? No." she denied refusing to be what most think she would be in this situation, I admired her for that.

"Roman doesn't even know how to Ice skate. Can't you escort him out of the park on the way to your meeting? Drop him of at a nail salon?" i chuckled and shook my head in amusement.

"I cannot bother myself trying to wrestle Roman away from you. I have to mentally prepare. I am meeting with the CEO of Victoria's secret, after all."

"Victoria's secret?" Roman questioned overhearing

"Yes. I'm designing a line of retro chic sleepwear and lingerie." she was explaining when Blair cut her off.

"We're looking forward to the samples, right, Rosie? We're all very proud. In fact Mom why don't you tell Roman all about it" I hid my smile behind an gloved hand. Eleanor reluctantly agreed. I walked on ahead with them but paid no attention to their conversation. I kicked about the leaves and twirled around.

"Having fun Rosie?" Blair laughed

"Immense, I love fallen leaves." I picked some up and threw them up into the air so them came fluttering down.

"Here I'll take a picture." I did it again laughing as the fell

"Daddy, could you?" Blair asked her dad who was keen to agree.

"Of course sweetheart." Blair joined me and we threw the leaves laughing. we finally got to the ice rink.

"Roman, it is going to be so dull for you to sit and watch them skate." Eleanor started

"Yes, why don't you go to the petting zoo and feed the sheep?" Blair continued.

"Or why don't I join you on the rink, it looks fun." Roman replied and that did not please Blair.

"Chin up, bestie." I nudge her arm. Harold and roman went to get skates. Eleanor left. I went to change into my skates and go out on the rink. It had been years since I'd done so I was a little shaky at first but I began to happily skate around, past Harold and Struggling Roman. Then Roman made his way to Blair she held her hands out and just as he got there he fell over. I skated and skid to a stop. Blair and Harold helped him up

"You okay?" I ask

"I'm so clumsy my food got caught behind Blairs skate." He groaned getting back onto his wobbly two feet. He winced and held onto Mr Waldorf

"Aww, here let me help you" she pouted, we took him to the ER an he was fine just a sprain. Harold stayed with him, so it was us and Eleanor having tea at the Carlyle.