home?

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂°

"My heart has no home, I've kept my insides empty for you

"My heart has no home, I've kept my insides empty for you. Things might seem hard, but I'll always be here so don't think too difficultly..." - home, seventeen.

"I just feel so homesick... because I no longer know where my home is."

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂°

It was particularly late on a Thursday night when Sooyoung dragged herself through the front door after rehearsing for her upcoming solo debut. The practice she had attended took up the entire of her afternoon and had run overtime seeing as the choreographer wanted to work with her individually without having to worry about the backup dancers she had been working with. After she finished that session her personal manager informed her that they had to quickly attend an impromptu recording session in the studio so that the producers could finalize the arrangement of her song. Two hours later, at an ungodly hour of the night Sooyoung had finally made it back to the confines of the dream dorms.

Kicking her shoes off at the front door she sluggishly made her way down the small hallway and into their kitchen. As she walked she could hear the soft chattering of a program on the television and the distinct voices of her fellow Chinese members who must be situated on the couch in the room over. She dropped her heavy practice bag at the end of the kitchen island to grab herself a much needed glass of water, which in her current state was much easier said then done.

Upon further inspection of all the kitchen cupboards it seems that zero of the seven members that reside in the dorm have done the dishes for the day due to the lack of useable cups. A small groan leaves Sooyoung's mouth as she reaches for the rubber dishwashing gloves that hung over the sink tap. As she goes to put on the red gloves a pair of hands reach out to stop her putting them on his own. She looks to her right to see the dark haired boy beside her, giving a quick glimpse of his signature eye smile. He moves her gently away from the bench and starts running hot water into the sink.

"Tough afternoon at practice?" Jeno asks the girl as he bends down to retrieve the dishwashing liquid from underneath the sink. Unbeknownst to Sooyoung, Jeno had been sitting at the kitchen table when she entered, looking like a zombie out of one of the movies the boys had watched earlier that day. She had been so out of it that she didn't even notice his presence as she navigated her way around the small kitchen. Sooyoung lets out a grateful sigh as she leans back against the counter beside Jeno, who's quietly working away at the dishes waiting for her to reply.

"Tough would be an understatement. Especially when you're running on basically four hours of sleep." She says softly whilst closing her eyes and leaning her head back against the cupboard behind her. Notably not the most comfortable position but at this point Sooyoung could take anything she could get. Between dishes Jeno observes her actions, and on further observation picks up on the rather prominent eye bags that lay underneath her eyes.