facts

Personal life :・゚*:・゚
- Sooyoung was born in Chengdu, China
- She has a younger sister, Bao Liu (born in 2003) and a younger brother, Xing-fu Liu (born in 2016)
- Her father is the CEO of a security company that specialises in celebrity security and managing - Her mother is a professional chef and owns a chain of high end restaurants that specialises in Chinese cuisine 

- Unfortunately her mother sadly passed due to cancer in early 2019 whilst Sooyoung was doing touring promotions for nct 127's "We are Superhuman" album

・゚: *・゚: Language Fluency :・゚*:・゚
Chinese - 100%
English - 100%
Korean - 90%
Japanese - 40%
- She lived in Brisbane, Australia for two years as an exchange student (2010-2012) and because of this she has an obvious Aussie accent when she speaks in English
- When moving to Seoul in late 2012 she had to teach herself Korean as nobody in her direct family spoke the language when she was younger

About Sooyoung :・゚*:・゚

- As an INFP it is said that she is very introverted around new people. At first NCTZEN's found this hard to believe as she has an extremely outgoing personality when surrounded with the boys and in front of camera. However Sooyoung later cleared this up saying that she is more extroverted whilst surrounded with people she is comfortable with.

- Has a passion for archery and despite not training professionally is naturally good at it. She usually competes in the women's archery section at ISAC's representing NCT and taking home the gold.

- She is an outstanding dancer and has been dancing since she was five in various genres. She has been dancing for 18 years in total, training for 3 year of those years to be apart of NCT.

- VERY affectionate and subconsciously initiates a lot of skinship by accident. It's a personal habit of hers especially when she spaces out during conversations.

- Received a lot of hate for debuting with NCT during the beginning of her career but this hate soon started to quiet down after she was able to show the industry what she was capable of. Now she is one of the most well known female artists with a very supportive fanbase!

- Has a individual Instagram is @/aiyah_aiyan (17.6 million followers)

- A multitude of fandoms absolutely adore her as she always interacts with so many different idols despite her typically introverted antics.

- In her dreamies days Sooyoung shared a room with Jaemin although she was alone most of her time there due the hiatus Jaemin had for his back injury :(

- Sooyoung now lives in a small room by herself in the NCT 127 dorms on the 5th floor, her room is in between Taeyong's and Doyoung's rooms.

- Purchased an apartment in early 2020 as she wanted to have a bit more privacy, however during busy scheduling periods she still resides in her NCT dorm room to make it easier for transportation and management.

Idol Life :・゚*:・゚
- SM Entertainment was the first company that she auditioned for hoping to be scouted as a backup dancer however she got accepted straight away under an idol contract, starting her training period at the young age of 14.

- To other trainees she was perceived to have a cold persona however this was only due to her not being able to fluently speak Korean and her introverted personality. Despite this impression she had on other trainees she was very well known by everyone for her talents and impressive dancing ability.

- She would busk/dance in the street to help raise funds for her aunt dance studio which she loved dearly. 

- Whilst doing this she was scouted by a JYP agent who asks her to audition for their company. She declined the offer though was recently hired by JYP in 2018 to be a choreographer at the company. Now she is a part-time choreographer for ITZY and a full-time choreographer for Stray Kids.

- Released her first solo mini album in 2019 called "Two Sided Love" with most of the songs being co-written or written by Sooyoung herself. She cried when she received her first award for the album as it was her mother who pushed her to create it in the first place.

- Known internationally for her music (releasing a few songs in English) as well as her exceptional stage presence which is praised not only by fans but other idols in the industry too.

- Is friends with a lot of idols, loves to introduce herself to and support new groups when they debut if she's a fan of their music. Talent recognising talent.

- It's an ongoing joke in the idol industry that once you have become good friends with Sooyoung you've "made it" as an idol.

Friendships :・゚*:・゚
- Close to basically all the SM artists due to being surrounded with them since she was young, which calls for some great interactions at the SM TOWN concerts.

- Is referred to by SM artist as "SM's flower" due to everyone adoring her excitable energy.

- She's closest to idol groups such as Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, TXT, ATEEZ, ITZY, Aespa and EXO.

- She's friends with idols groups such as The Boyz, Seventeen, Red Velvet, SHINee, SUPER JUNIOR and Kep1er.

- The emotional support base for all of NCT and Stray Kids, is alway there for any of the members when they need it. Typically portrays a motherly aura especially towards the dreamies as she views them all as her younger brothers.

Sooyoung's ideal type is someone with a heartwarming or humorous personality saying that looks never matter to her. She hope that whoever she ends up with is able to support her unconditionally and that she will do the exact same for them.

More Sooyoung Facts...