loving you is all that i know how to do

July 2019 (Post-Hawaii)

"Peace and quiet," Jennie sighs happily as she lays the food down on the table.

Jisoo chuckles. In the rare occasion of having neither of the young members around in the dorm, Jisoo and Jennie decided on having a date night. It's been a while since the two of them were able to have alone time together.

Jennie walks on over to where Jisoo's sat and places a white cloth around her neck, before tucking her chair in.

"What's this?" Jisoo chuckles.

"I'm trying to be chivalrous," Jennie replies as she takes a seat in front of Jisoo.

"If you weren't in a relationship, I'd think you were buttering me up," Jisoo teases, making Jennie laugh.

"Careful unnie, Lisa's the jealous type,"

Jisoo snickers. She watches as her best friend settles down, getting ready to eat.

"So why Lisa?"Jisoo asks.

"What do you mean?"Jennie asks, her mouth full.

"I've been trying so hard to figure out what you see in her—"

"—that's mean."

"Not like that. I know Lisa's a great person," Jisoo starts as she takes another bite "but the two of you together just doesn't make sense." She confesses. It's been a couple weeks since the news broke out, and she's still trying to get her mind around it.

Silence fills the room as Jennie places her chopsticks down gracefully before looking up at Jisoo.

"Does love ever really make sense?" Jennie asks.

Jisoo halts on her chewing.

Did she just say-

"Love?" She repeats.

"Unnie," Jennie says worriedly, the younger woman retreating, leaning back on her seat. "I thought you supported us dating?"

Jisoo panics. Maybe she's going about this wrong.

"Of course I do!"

"It doesn't feel like that right now." Jennie mumbles. Jisoo watches as the younger woman plays around with her food, refusing to look her in the eye.

"Jen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out that way." Jisoo explains sincerely. Jennie looks up at her with hurt in her eyes.

"Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just shocked that you two are already in love?" Jisoo points out "I thought you two only started dating a couple weeks ago."

This time Jennie giggles, a red blush appearing on her face as she smiles.

"You're never going to believe me." Jennie starts.

"What?"

"I've liked her since our trainee days."

"No way." Jisoo says in shock, making Jennie giggle.

"It's true."

"And sometimes," Jennie starts, her lips forming a shy smile as she looks at Jisoo, "sometimes I think I was in love with her ever since," Jennie confesses softly.

***

Jisoo groans at the memory from a couple of weeks ago.

With Mama Kim's words still hanging fresh in the air, Jisoo decides to finally scrap her checklist- but that doesn't stop her from feeling like a jerk.