Chapter 4

"Hey wake up, the whole squad is going to breakfast" Jessica yells into my room. I groan, before removing the covers from my body and heading to the bathroom.

I decide to just put my hair in a side fishtail braid since I didn't feel like taking a shower. I do my normal makeup,, and decide on some navy blue high waisted shorts and a red bandeau top (see picture), and some gold sandals.

"Hey, are you almost ready?" I yell, while squirting on some body splash.

"Yup" Jessica says, walking into my room before we head out to my range rover.

"Were going to toast, right?" I ask, typing it into my phone.

"Where else would we go" she laughs.

It takes about 10 minutes to get there, and when we walk in we see the jacks, sam and his girlfriend Arden, and Nate.

Jessica takes a seat next to johnson, and I sit on the other side of johnson, Nate to my left.

"Hey guys" I smile.

"Hey there, pretty lady" Nate winks, and I blush.

"Nate, stop being such a fuckboy" Sam says and I laugh.

I order French toast and sausage, and everyone else orders some type of breakfast food.

"Have you ever been to Santa Monica pier?" Nate asks, taking a bite of his omelet.

"When I was little, why?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me today, ya know, as friends" Nate suggests.

"Yeah, sure that sounds like fun" I smile.

We all finish up our breakfast, while making small talk throughout the group.

"I'm going to go to the studio with jack, what are you doing today?" Jessica asks, while the boys are in an argument over who the best female rapper is.

"Nate offered to hangout" I answer, causally.

"Ooooh" she winks.

"We're just friends, can you stop with that now?" I laugh.

"I will never stop" she laughs.

"Ready to go?" Nate asks me.

"Yup, I'll follow you there" I say, and Nate nods before we each head off to our cars.

I shuffle my favorite country playlist, since it's my favorite genre, and start jamming to Hunter Hayes' 'I want crazy'. I see Nate look at me through his side mirror and chuckle.

I pull up into a parking spot next to Nate right in front of the pier.

"You look cute when you're jamming" Nate laughs.

"Shutup" I say, blushing, as we start to make our way to the entrance.

"What were you listening to?" He asks curiously.

"Country music of course, what else is there to listen to" I say in a 'duh' tone.

"You like country music? I think I'm going to throw up" he says

"Oh, whatever. Country music is better than any genre, end of discussion" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Whatever you say" Nate chuckles.

We pay our way in, and start walking around, not really planning what to do, just going with it.

It was the perfect Saturday. The sun was shining and it was in the 70s, which made for the perfect weather. There were kids begging to go on another ride, families taking pictures for their vacation scrapbooks, couples holding hands or kissing.

"Want to go on the Ferris wheel?" Nate asks, snapping me out of my haze.

"Oh, hell no, I hate heights" I say.

"Stop being such a baby" Nate jokes.

"I'm not a baby!" I protest.

"Then go on the Ferris wheel" he smirks.

"Fine" I say, trying to prove my point. That's one thing about me, I always have to be right.

We wait in line for a few minutes, just making small talk, until it was our turn to get on. I slip in first, Nate right behind me.

The ride starts moving up, and I nuzzle my face into my hands.

"It's not even bad" Nate chuckles, and I lift my head up.

"Yeah, I guess you're right" I say, admiring the gorgeous view.

"I always am" Nate says, with a cocky smirk.

"So, how long have you been making music?" I ask, creating a conversation.

"Um, I've always been into it, doing random freestyles and shit, but it was more of a hobby that I didn't want people to know about, I knew I would get made fun of if the people found out about it. Well, I eventually stopped being a pussy and moved out here a 2 years ago" he explains.

"That's amazing, I've always liked your music" I compliment.

"What about that country shit?" He chuckles.

"Oh yeah, Hunter Hayes will always be at the top of the list" I laugh.

The ride eventually came to an end, and wasn't half bad as I anticipated for it to be. Nate and I just learned more about eachother, and it made me forget we were up in the air.

"What next?" Nate asks.

"We should go get ice-cream!" I exclaim, excitedly.

"Okay, let's go" he chuckles, and we head to the ice-cream stand.

"I'll have half vanilla and half chocolate on a cone" I order.

"I'll have strawberry in a cup" he orders, then pays for the ice cream after me failingly trying to convince him to let me pay.

We eat our ice cream, while Nate tells me different stories that make me laugh until my stomach hurts.

"I should head home, I have filming to do" I say, looking at the now dark sky.

"Okay" Nate smiles, throwing his cup away.

We walk out to the parking lot, stopping in front of our cars.

"I had lots of fun today, skate" I smile.

"Me too" he says, staring at my lips, then to my eyes. We each slowly start to lean in.

"Oh my god!! That's Nate Maloley" a fan screeches, before our lips connect. Nate mumbles a 'shit' before going up to the fan and taking a picture.

"I'll talk to you later, thanks again for today" I smile awkwardly.

"Oh yeah, it was my pleasure" Nate says, pulling me into a quit awkward hug.

I get in my car, a start heading home. What almost happened back there? I pull up into the parking lot if the apartment about 20 minutes later.

I walk in and see that Jessica is still with Jack, so I decide to film my video that I need to post tomorrow.

After filming, I take off my makeup, then slip into bed, and fall asleep after watching some of the vampire diaries.