Chapter 45

Just to clear some things up, sorry I haven't been updating that much. It's the end of the school year, so I've been stressed with finals, projects, etc. I promise once I'm on break (2 weeks), the updates will get more frequent. For now, do not expect every other day since I need to focus on school. Now on with the chapter!

///////

I wake up to the sound of Nate's alarm clock. He lets out a grumble, before turning it off. I watch him as he sits up and swings his legs over the bed, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Why are you up so early?" I groan, pulling the blanket further up my body.

"I have to hit the studio before our flight, I'm sorry for waking you babygirl," Nate says, placing a kiss on my head before getting out of bed.

Today we're going to Omaha with Kate and Johnson for my cousins wedding, and just to spend some time with family since it feels like it's been ages.

"Okay have fun," I mumble, falling back to sleep.

I wake up a few hours later, feeling much more refreshed then I did at 7:00 am. I get out of bed, and head downstairs to make some iced coffee.

I drink my coffee, then head back upstairs to pack my suitcase. I know, I'm going to Omaha in approximately 3 hours and haven't packed a thing.

I pull out 2 suitcases from the closet, one for my and one for Nate. I pick out a nice dress for me to wear to the wedding, and a dressy outfit for Nate. I pack other clothes and other essentials in our suitcases.

"I'm home babe," I hear Nate yell, followed by the sound of the door closing.

I hear him go up the stairs, then into our bedroom.

"How was the studio?" I smile.

"Pretty good," He says, pecking my lips. "Did you pack my bag?" Nate asks and I nod. "You're the best," He grins.

"I know," I say jokingly. "We have to leave soon, so make sure you're ready."

I put on a pair of leggings and a tshirt, and brush through my hair, not really caring how my appearance for the airport is.

"Nice as," Nate smirks, walking by the bathroom I'm getting ready in.

"You're a pig," I laugh, shaking my head. "Let's go maloleyyy."

Nate grabs our suitcases and brings them to the car, and we head on our way to pick Johnson and Kate up.

"Get in losers were going to Omaha," I say, referencing mean girls.

"Don't," Jack laughs, shaking his head.

They put their bags in the trunk, and we head off to LAX, right on time surprisingly.

/////

"Flight 476 from Los Angeles, California to Omaha, Nebraska, has now landed. Have a good day," the voice booms throughout the plain, waking me up from my peaceful nap. Nate's shoulder is pretty comfy for a make shift pillow.

We grab all of our things, and head out of the plain and to baggage claim.

"So, how you doin?" I ask Kate, who is probably nervous out of her mind.

"Freaking out," She chuckles. "If they don't like me, that's it, Jack will break up with me then we won't be friends an-" Kate rambles and I laugh.

"My family is going to love you Kate, and if they don't who cares, Jack loves you and that's all that matters." I say, and she nods.

"Okay," She says, more like a question.

We pile into the uber that we called, not wanting to bother my mom with picking all of us up, and soon enough we pulled up to the familiar house.

"Where it all started, Johnson," I say, judging him.

"Oh I know, you would stand around for hours filming our vines, I don't know how you did it," Jack laughs.

"It was horrible, you're lucky I love you," I say, pulling my suitcase out.

I find Nate, and intertwine our fingers together.

"What's got you so happy, lil mama?" Nate asks, as we make our way up to the door.

"I don't know, I just love being here in Omaha, with Jack and you and Kate, it makes it feel even more like home," I smile.

I'm interrupted by a loud squeal that must belong to my mother. I look over at my mom and Jack who are hugging and smile.

"Hey mom, i missed you!" I exclaim, pulling her into a hug.

"I missed you too, baby," my mom says. "Oh and I missed you too, Nate!" She says, pulling him into a hug.

"Nice to see you, Jennifer," Nate says, I always want to laugh over how polite he is around her.

"Mom, this is Kate, my girlfriend-" Jack says.

"And best friend," I cut him off.

"It's so nice to finally meet you dear, I've heard so much about you," my mom smiles, pulling Kate into a hug.

"Same for you," She smiles.

"Well, Nate and I are going to go put our bags in my room," I say.

"Okay, we'll eat when your father gets home," my mom says and I nod.

We get to my room, and I immediately plop down on my bed, exhausted from all the traveling.

"Hey, scoot over," Nate smiles, sliding next to me in the bed.

We soon fall into an unintended sleep, and are woken up 20 minutes later for dinner. I brush through my hair and wash my hands, freshening up a bit for dinner.

Nate and I go downstairs hand in hand and see Kate, Jack, and my dad sitting at the table while my mom was setting food out. By the looks of it, Kate had already been introduced to my dad.

"Dad!" I smile, as he pulls me into a hug.

"Always a pleasure, Nate," my dad says, shaking Nate's hand.

We sit down and eat the casserole my mom made for dinner, just catching up on each other's lives and my parents getting to know Kate, which they obviously love her.

"Hey beautiful," Nate says, wrapping his arms around me as I wash the dishes.

"Hey hot stuff," I wink, laughing.

"Don't ever do that again," Nate says, cracking up.

Nate and I finish up the dishes, then say goodnight to everyone. We head upstairs and get ready for bed.

"You know, in highschool I always wanted to be in this bed," Nate smirks and I laugh.

"Is that so?" I laugh, pulling the blanket over us.

"Totally," Nate chuckles.

"But you were too big of a pussy," I jokingly say.

"You're mean," Nate pouts. "Highschool me just had no game."

"I'm just kidding," I say, connecting our lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, babe," Nate says, and we soon fall asleep.