Chapter Nine

Clay was washing the dishes and felt a warmth on his back. He looked behind him to see George's forehead leaning on his back. "You ok George?" he heard a hum and sighed, continuing to wash the dishes. He was finished a few minutes later. He turned around and George just leaned his head onto the front of Clay's chest. He just stood there letting George lean on him. George just took a big breath and then leaned off of Dream.   

Dream was curious as to why George seemed.....off. "George's seriously what's up?" George let out the big breath that he had been keeping, "I know you saw it." Dream was confused for a moment, but then he realized, the flag. "What did I see exactly?" George looked down at his socks. "You saw the flag." He had barely muttered it barely loud enough for Dream to hear. "uh, yeah I did see it." 

George still didn't look up. "I'm sorry." Dream was confused, "why are you sorry?" He heard George inhale again, a shaky breath. was he crying? "You might hate me." Dream waked forward and pulled George into a hug. "Dude I don't care. As long as you're happy that's fine. Personally I'm bi myself." he heard more sniffling against his hoodie. "You are?" Clay nodded, "Yeah." He felt the mood lighten a bit, "I guess I over reacted a bit. Sorry." Clay smiled, "It's ok stop apologizing." 

"Ok, I'll try not to." Clay reached his hand down and pulled George's face up to look at it. George looked at him with puffy eyes, a weak smile, and tired features all around. George looked into Clay's eyes for a moment. "Thanks Cla-Dream, I meant Dream." It made Clay laugh a little bit, "You can call me Clay, I mean, it is my name, and you are living here for the time being so..." George looked into space for a moment, tested Clay's name on his tongue. 

"Hmm, I guess it'll just take a while to get used to, Clay." Clay could feel a shiver go down his back as George said his name. He was so used to being called Dream, it was new, and he liked it. "Hmm, we should do something." George looked over at the kitchen, "Like what?" Dream was looking at his keys though. "There's a movie theatre 20 minutes away if you want to ride." George smiled, "I'll be ready in five minutes." Clay smiled as George ran to the stairs, and up them. 

A few minutes later George was coming back downstairs, wearing one of Clay's hoodies. "Sorry, none of my jacket's are clean right now. Do you mind?" Clay shook his head, "No it's fine. We should go, mid-day rush might be bad." George nodded, put on some shoes and was walking outside behind Clay. They got into his car, and Clay turned on the car, "Any movies in mind?" George shook his head, "I don't know whats in the movies over here." Clay nodded, "Well do you like horror movies?" George nodded, and they decided to go see a horror.

They were now sitting in the seats in the theatre, waiting for the movie to begin. Throughout the entire movie, they were both deeply invested. The movie was about a guy who liked his best friend. However he was schizophrenic, and his mind told him that she didn't like him back. In the end he ended up trying to kill her, it was the slowest part of the movie. He walked up behind her while she was sitting on a couch, watching a movie. He had a knife and suddenly put it to her throat, but she ended up convincing him that it was all ok, and that they could be together. 

George had began to tense up in the almost death scene, while Clay watched him closely to making sure that he was ok. 

Then once the movie was over, they were sitting back in the car. George looked at him, playfully, "would you kill me, Clay?" Clay looked at him, and tried to seem menacing, "Oh no I would never dream of such a thing." George just kept looking at him. "Hmm how can I do something to make you, not kill me?" Clay acted like he was thinking about it. "I can't think of anything, I guess you'll just have to try things until I decide you aren't worth my killing time." George nodded and they started to drive home. They drove on the beach just because they wanted to, and by the time they got home, it was nighttime. 

George walked in the door and shut it behind him, he heard Clay jump onto the couch and sigh. "That was a good movie, but you still have to convince me not to kill you." George walked into the kitchen, "I'll make dinner." He heard Clay hum, and started to cook.

George ended up cooking a pot of spaghetti, they both enjoyed it. Once Clay was finished George asked, 'Am I clear now?" Clay set his fork onto his plate. "1 of three tasks done." George just sighed and stood up, "I'll do dishes." Clay smiled and watched as George took the plates and silverware to the sink, smiling and going to take a shower. 

Once Clay's shower was over, he played on his phone while George got his shower. Clay heard the shower turn off, but then he heard something fall. He stood up and walked to the bathroom door, he knocked on it slightly. "You ok George?" Silence for a moment, "Yeah I just, knocked over this candle, the wax got onto my back, I can't reach it." Clay relaxed, knowing he wasn't hurt. "I can get it off?" He heard the doorknob move and then the door opened. "Yeah sure." 

Clay internally screamed when he saw George. His hair was still wet, and he had obviously taken a hot shower, because his face was flushed red, and then the fact that he also had no shirt, and only a towel on his hips. George was just looking in the mirror, while Clay used a rag to wipe the wax off his back. Once he was done he threw the towel into the laundry hamper. "All better?" George turned to face him,  still red faced. 

George put his hand on Clay's shoulder and stood up on his tiptoes. He reached up and kissed him, on the lips, hard, and Clay did to. A moment later they pulled apart and George smiled, "All three favors done, looks like you can't kill me." Then he walked out of the bathroom and down towards the hall to the room, while Clay stood there. He was confused. Very confused.

And that's all for today folks 1136 words, bye!