Chapter 5: More than friends

It had become quite a habit, you know. Running up the stairs to the 3rd-year floor, a little late because Seong-min wanted to talk about something, not being able to hold in a smile once laying eyes on Min-hee gently playing the guitar or piano while singing his recent favorite tune; Min-hee always stopping the song as soon as he noticed Woo-bin standing in the doorway; Woo-bin always feeling a little enchanted seeing the smile that always made his heart flutter.

"Hey," Woo-bin grinned through his exhaustion.

"Hi," replied Min-hee brightly.

"It's Thursday, don't you need to go to the company? I was so surprised when you asked me to come today," Woo-bin asked as he walked into the classroom, putting his backpack on the ground — not actually wanting Min-hee to go to the company.

"I have no classes today. Team A privilege, baby!" Min-hee stuck his hands in the air, wearing a big smile, "I'll just go and train by myself after dinner or something."

"But don't go home too late, remember to take care of your health, oh, and eat well, also drink lots of water," Woo-bin listed off as he sat down on the piano chair next to Min-hee.

"Yes~"

Woo-bin looked down at the piano tiles, feeling too flustered to look Min-hee in the eyes when their heads were so close to each other. "I must admit it's a good thing for me that you don't go to the company so often. Then I get to see you more."

"Wow, what a romantic," Min-hee giggled.

Woo-bin blushed, "Sorry, that was weird."

"No, not at all! It was sweet! What are friends for if not for spending time together?"

"Yeah," Woo-bin feared his cheeks were noticeably red. "Anyways, I've been practicing that song you liked and said you wanted me to learn. But it's so hard."

"As expected of the music prodigy," Min-hee nudged Woo-bin's shoulder. "Can I hear it?"

Woo-bin chuckled, "Are you gonna sing along?"

"If you can play it, try stopping me from singing along."

Woo-bin laughed. And then he started playing. The intro was fairly simple, it was the verse bits that were complicated. Min-hee started singing gently as Woo-bin tried his hardest not to make any mistakes. Challenged failed, apparently, because he accidentally hit a tile that absolutely did not resonate well with the key the song was in. But it was so enchanting to hear Min-hee giggle while singing as it happened. Woo-bin almost wanted to make more mistakes.

As the song finished, Woo-bin let out a chuckle, "Well, I'll practice it more."

"What do you mean? You were amazing. One little mistake doesn't matter, especially not when you're around me." Min-hee nudged Woo-bin with his shoulder.

Woo-bin looked at Min-hee. They were sitting so close to each other. Two growing boys squished on the piano stool could only result in closeness, but as he looked Min-hee in the eyes, something felt different.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Min-hee giggled softly. So softly it was almost a whisper.

And Woo-bin really was looking at Min-hee like that. How could he not? The sun was shining so brightly through the windows that the dust particles were floating around him so elegantly. His face was brighter than ever and his freckles were so beautifully prominent. His eyes were sparkling, nearly turning hazel. Woo-bin had never laid eyes on anyone more beautiful.

"I just..." Woo-bin was at a loss for words. So he decided not to speak. He just slowly leaned forward as he closed his eyes. And then he kissed Min-hee.