Chapter 10: Gay dads

A/N: Connected to Chapter 22 of The hideout I need.

Min-hee breathlessly struck the final pose of the choreography as the song ended. The sound of music was quickly replaced by the sound of Woo-bin clapping.

"Woo!" Woo-bin cheered, sitting cross-legged on the ground.

Min-hee chuckled, wiping his forehead from sweat. He could feel his pulse in his fingers.

The two of them were on the rooftop for their lunch break. They didn't do this very often, but whenever they did, they had a plan. Well, not a plan, more like Min-hee telling his friends that he'd be going to the library because he "really needed to prepare for their next lesson".

Min-hee had just shown Woo-bin the newest choreography he had learned. And it was tough because there was tons of body isolation in the dance, which was honestly something he dreaded. He recently started filming himself dancing more often; his phone was already running out of space, so Woo-bin offered his phone today. Min-hee always said something about how filming would help him in the long run ("Monitoring my dance is the best way to improve!"). Woo-bin thought he looked awesome anyway. Next-level awesome.

"You're so good!" Woo-bin jumped up to his feet from the ground. He stumbled over to give Min-hee a big hug.

Min-hee wrapped his arms around Woo-bin with a smile, gently lifting him to his tiptoes. "I'm so sweaty, are you sure you want this hug?"

Woo-bin giggled as he tightened the hug, "Yes. Very sure."

"Lunch break is ending soon." Min-hee smiled gently as he loosened the hug a little.

Woo-bin playfully pouted. "Who goes down first, you or me?"

Min-hee was about to answer but was interrupted by a sound coming from the rooftop door. Both of their eyes widened.

"Someone's coming!" Woo-bin gasped.

"Didn't we lock?" Min-hee panicked. They were in a big hurry if they didn't want to get caught.

The doorknob started jiggling. Woo-bin quickly grabbed onto Min-hee's wrist and pulled him along. They ran and crouched behind the solar panels, both of their hearts beating rapidly. They heard the sound of the door opening aggressively, and someone dragging another person out to the rooftop. The metal door took its time to close because of the resistance. It made a click sound as it finally did.

Woo-bin could see the brick railing, and quickly realized something problematic. His phone was still recording and it was lying there, clear as day! His eyes widened. He aggressively tapped Min-hee on the arm and mouthed, "Fuck, Min-hee, the phone."

"Well we can't get it now," Min-hee shouted, but silently. Scream-mouthed. Whatever.

The two of them quietly peaked around, trying to see who it was. Luckily, none of them were looking in their direction. However, they were dangerously close. They quickly pulled their heads back after getting a look.

Min-hee recognized them. It was Tae-young and the other kid he walked in on School Cleanup Day. And they didn't look very happy.

"What the hell were you thinking about saying that in a crowded hall! And so close to the others!"

"I didn't think of that, I'm sor— wait, why are you mad?" Tae-young shouted.

"Who are they?" Woo-bin whispered.

"One of them is Kim Tae-young from Class 7. I recognize the other kid, but I don't know his name."

Woo-bin quickly peaked around and squinted. Then he widened his eyes as he pulled himself back, "Jesus, it's Song Hyeong-jun."