1

Dayanara Westbrook's POV.

The sound of sirens, mom and dad's crying , our little brother's sniffles and chattering of people. Our little brother....our...yes I have a sister, twin to be precise. It's been 48 hours since she's been missing.
Delilah.... My sister .
We all came back inside the house and sat on the couch . Mom directed towards the kitchen. I could see her sniffling and wiping her tears while walking around. Our little brother Dylan has been too quiet. He was never like this . He is 6 years old and the kid was active 24/7. It's depressing to see my family like this.

I miss her , my other half. We were together from the day we born to this day . We kept no secrets....we loved each other....fought every single day for every silly thing and even cried together. I can't imagine a life without her. Hell, I don't even know how I came past these two days without her. She used to annoy me everytime. She is the crazy one among us , always blabbering something or the other. Whenever Dylan and Delilah got together it was like a zoo inside the house. But a few days before she went missing and after the incident, she was awfully quiet and never really ate anything. I have even heard her crying over and over again at nights, in the toilets and even when she is sitting she zone out everytime and the tears pours out of her eyes. Our parents were devastated seeing her like that. And me I was broken and Dylan tried his best to cheer her. But now she went missing and I don't even know what I feel.

Now, about the incident. My sister was found knocked out in the streets and was admitted to a hospital. Some guys saw her and brought her there. And we were called later. But what the doctor told us changed our lives . She was drugged and raped. I still remember my mom's scream when she heard it. My father was heart broken . I didn't have any emotion just stood there waiting for my sister to wake up. When she did she was not the person who laughed for silliest of things and cried for weirdest things, she was completely changed . Like a robot...

We were there for her. We tried our best to support her but was of no use. For first few days the police tried maximum to find the convict or convicts but soon everything was worn off. Everyone eventually forgot . Delilah said she doesn't remember anything but I am sure she knows . She knows who's done it. An innocent angel like her was brutally raped. Now there is a hole in our lives. A big one.

We all sat to eat our dinner but nobody ate nothing. We picked at our food . The silence was killing me I got up and went to our room, the room I shared with her. I touched her clothes, tears forming in my eyes. I know there was something wrong, her depression and the way she distanced .

She used to write diaries. It was a habit and she often hid it from me because I always tried to read them. But two days before she went missing she kept her diary in the drawer right infront of me while I was looking. It's like she wanted to show me where she kept it. Right now I am having a battle mentally whether to read it or not. I have never been more afraid before in my life like I am right now. It's scaring the shit out of me. What I am about to read. I can't imagine what she must have gone through. I am scared. Fear... I felt fear . For my sister.

I took out her diary. A black diary with her name at the bottom. I sat there for so long, debating to myself. She had a lot of them but this particular black diary caught my eyes because she started writing it when she was in her depressed stage. I opened the first page.

15th July 2020
Wednesday

Dear diary,
I am devastated. I feel used...like trash... I can't look at my parents , my siblings my friends or anyone. Why did this ever happen to me. Most of all why am I feeling like it was my fault, while the culprit is out there enjoying his life , maybe looking for his next victim. I can't fail now. I can't give up now. How will I ever overcome this. Please help me god.

Delilah...

I can't do this.... I can't . I just read the first page and now I don't think I can ever look at this diary. This is too much. My Delilah...she went through a lot. I closed the diary and kept it back . Soon went to sleep but as much as I wanted I couldn't sleep. I kept on tossing and turning around. I don't even remember when I slept off.