Chapter 17

"Chachu I know you're concerned for me and I do understand your situation. I'm not asking you to do the things your heart isn't allowing you for. I just want you to be quiet and keep this secret to yourself, no matter what situation I've to face. For Sanskar atleast, please don't refuse for it"... Laksh said and Ram Prasad just stared at him quietly. He didn't know what should he do now. His one decision was going to put his family's one child's life at stake, either Sanskar or Laksh. If he agrees with Laksh then Laksh only was going to be hurt and if he refuses him then Sanskar have to face bitter truth of his life. As Laksh demanded for his silence so he said nothing and left from their leaving Laksh unsure about his decision. 

"I'm sorry Laksh, I couldn't stop you. I know you also want this, you want my support but being your Chachu, your guardian it's my responsibility to guide you right path. It's my duty to stop you from doing wrong but I can't, I can't stop you otherwise it'll ruin my Sanskar's life. I've to shut my mouth like I always did. It seems like silence has become my personality. I never spoke, neither for Janki's dignity nor for Sanskar's real identity. If I had raised my voice on the time I was needed, perhaps this day wouldn't have come in our lives. And when I couldn't take a stand for Janki, when I couldn't fight for my love, when I couldn't get the courage to give Sanskar his rights in real way then how can I reveal this truth of my life to anyone. I've done so much injustice with Janki and I again can't repeat that. She handed me Sanskar for his better and secure life, to give him a happy and reputed life which she thought she can never provide him, she wanted to give him a family and not loneliness like herself and I've promised her that I'll fulfill her wish in every possible way. I took her new born baby, her only source of life, away from her just for Sanskar's best future and now I can't ruin it. She always trusted me but I just broke her trust and while giving me Sanskar's responsibility, she had blind trust in me and I can't break her trust again. I'll keep this secret as long as I can, just for Sanskar"... Ram Prasad said from the door while looking at Laksh sadly. His eyes were moist, he knew that he was being selfish but he also knew that it's the first time when he was thinking about himself. He always sacrificed everything for his family but he can't do anymore because this time it was the matter of Sanskar's life. He left from there without talking to Laksh again. Swara stayed with Laksh.

"Laksh, are you sure that what you are going to do is a right decision?"... Swara asked Laksh placing her hand on his left shoulder who was sitting on the sofa with his both hands covering his face. He just looked at her but said nothing. 

"Because I agree with Ram Uncle that there is no guarantee that they'll stop manipulating you after you fulfill their wish"... Swara said while sitting next to him on the sofa. 

"Even I agree with him Swara but ee don't have any other option. They'll ruin everything, snatch everyone's happiness in no time and I wouldn't be able to do anything"... Laksh said looking at her and they he stood and walked few steps away. 

"I'm not saying that no one would accept Sanskar, they are not that bad Swara. Whatever happened with Chachu and Janki Aunty, it's because of circumstance. And I know Mom and Dad would be hurt and guilty for that but Chachi, she'll breakdown. She'll feel betrayed after knowing the truth. I can't imagine how would she react. Sanskar and Chachi's no fault in this still there life will be most affected. I can't let that happen Swara"... Laksh stated and punched on the wall. Swara didn't know what should she do to console him. 

"Swara Chachu never discriminated between me, Adarsh Bhaiya and Sanskar, Uttara. He loved us all equally. You know what Swara now I understand that why he kept us away from Mamu, not just Mom's cousin brother but her real brother too. Whenever they arrived at our place or mom went to meet them, Chachu used stop us from meeting them or going to them, and especially Sanskar and Uttara. Chachu never let them stay around both of them. He was very protective for them and for me and Adarsh Bhaiya too, perhaps he didn't want us to learn anything from them"... he added further, frustratingly and then went back to sit on the sofa.