8. "Cry me a River."

Aaliyah's Point of View

The next couple of days were awkward as hell. Hugh constantly picked on Jacob and I trying to make sure we knew what we were doing and letting us go to the library so we could get caught up.

I didn't bother having any kind of conversations with Jacob. Just wrote my ideas on a piece of paper and started on a Power Point.

"Yo Aaliyah, can I talk to you for a minute?" Jacob said one day as I started out of the library to lunch. I turned around as he caught up with me.

"Um I just want to apologize for the other day. I was way outta line and I'm sorry. So after this project you won't have to talk to me anymore at all." He said as we both walked to the lunchroom.

"It's alright I guess." I said as I walked over to where Jessica and Demetrius were at and sat down.

"Hey guys," I said greeting them.

"Hey." Jessica said dryly.

When I looked over at Demetrius he looked at me and continued eating his food.

"Is there something I'm missing?" I asked lost.

"I don't know, what do you think?" Demetrius said not looking up at me.

I was confused. What was he talking about?

"Uh I'm kind of lost." I said trying to figure it out.

"Marquise came to his house."

"What do you mean Marquise came to his house?" I asked Jessica.

"Exactly what the fuck she just said!" Demetrius' voice got loud. "Aaliyah we argued about this nigga last week! Then you go fuck 'em! I swear you act like a dumbass."

I looked at the few people who had turned around.

"Can you shut up. This is not the time and place for this." I said almost in a whisper.

"Well I mean when exactly is the time and place because we have talked about this so many times and you still do the same shit!" He yelled.

"Demetrius pipe the fuck down!" I yelled back at him.

"Yo I'm done trying to help yo stupid ass!" By this time half of the lunchroom was quiet and listening to us.

As soon as I was about to yell back at him one of the school staff came over to the table.

"Is everything alright over here?" He said.

"Yeah." Jessica said as he looked at Demetrius and I. We both nodded and he left.

"Well this stupid ass is leaving." I said as I grabbed my stuff giving a sarcastic smile.

"Aaliyah." Jessica called out.

I ignored her and walked out of the lunch room. I put my books in my locker and left the school walking to the nearby bus stop.

After thirty minutes on the bus I got off and walked the couple of blocks to Marquise's apartment. When I got to the door the window next to it blinds were open.

I peeked inside and seen Marquise French kissing some other girl.

Instead of beating on the door and cursing him out, I left. As I walked to the bus stop a few tears fell from my eyes. Not only because of Marquise but because everything Demetrius said about me was true.

I am a dumb ass. I don't think. I just hop on the first thing smoking and don't even bother thinking about it.

When the bus came I got on and went to sit down in an inside seat looking out the window. After a couple of minutes I felt someone sit down next to me.

When I turned to look who it was they started talking.

"Hey, my name's Jacob." He said smiling.

I cracked a small smile as I re-introduced myself.

Before any words could come out of my mouth my smile vanished and tears were rolling down my face.

Jacob didn't bother to say anything he just pulled me into him as I cried into his chest.