Ch.12

(AALIYAH'S P.O.V)

Today is the homecoming dance. I'm so happy. My grandmother is helping me get ready after we go shopping.

"Liyah, you ready?" My grandmother called.

"Yeah, here I come." I came down the stairs to see my grandma looking better than me.

"Dang grandma you dressing better than me!" I said.

"No, no sweetie. I am not that old and you have a boyfriend I don't. So imma put on a little show for these fellas. That reminds me. When am I gonna meet this boy." She said looking all serious.

"You will. Tonight when he comes pick me up. I give you permission to interrogate him."

"Yay! Now let's go." On that note we left. We went to the mall to buy some accessories for my homecoming dress. While we were there I actually had some fun with my grandma. We had some cotton candy and just talked. I told her about the argument Jacob and I had. That means Jacob is gonna be interrogated harder by my grandmother. After awhile we headed home and now I'm here adding the final touches to myself and waiting for Jacob to come.

"Sweetie, he's here and he sure is cute." My grandmother called.

"Coming!"

(JACOB'S P.O.V)

"What's your name?" Aaliyah's grandmother asked.

"Jacob, Jacob Perez."

"Okay, where are you taking my granddaughter after the dance."

"Uh, we are going to a hotel to meet up with some friends."

"Okay, I'm done questioning you. From what Aaliyah tells me your a good guy. Make sure you be good to her or I will shoot you, in your foot."

I swallowed and said "Yes ma'am." Then Aaliyah came down the stairs.

"Wow Aaliyah you look....beautiful." I took her hand and helped her down the last few steps. She had on a poofy knee length dress that was blue.

"Thank you, & you look very handsome." We took a few pictures and headed out of the door.

"Is this your car?" She asked looking at the Cream colored Escalade.

"For a week it is. It's actually my moms but, she went to Detroit to visit some people." I opened her door and went to get in. Then we were off. After a few minutes we arrived at the Marriott where the dance is being held. We met up with Prod and Breaunna, Ray and Zonnique, Meenna and Roc, and Jessica and her date Blue. The girls went to sit at a table while the guys got them some punch.

"Miss Aaliyah Perez, would you like to dance?" She giggled and took my hand.

"Ya know, we're not married."

"Not just yet." I said and dipped her.

"Woo, Jacob got moves."

"Just a little. But plenty more to show you when we get to the hotel."

She laughed again and I twirled her. After about 45 minutes of dancing Principal Andrews came onstage. I turned Aaliyah around to face the stage and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Attention students, now we will announce homecoming King, prince, queen, and princess. Homecoming Prince is Jacob Perez." I was surprised for a minute because I didn't enter. That means someone else entered me but who?

"Congratulations Jacob, now Homecoming Princess is Miss Aaliyah Moore." I looked at Aaliyah and she looked a little nervousness but Meenna pushed her and told her to come onstage. Now I know who did this. I put Aaliyah's name on the ballots and told everyone that knows me to vote for her.

"Okay, now Homecoming King is...Chresanto August." Roc came onstage like it wasn't a big deal. Although I'm pretty sure it wasn't because this was his 3rd year in a row winning.

"Last but not least your Homecoming queen is.......Meenna Robinson." No big surprise either. Ever since Roc and Meenna started dating they both have won.

"Now students please move out if the way for the royal dance." The students clapped and moved.

"Miss Princess would you like to dance?" I asked Aaliyah.

"Yes my perfect Prince." She smiled and we went into the dance floor.

"Aaliyah?"

"Huh?" She answered without moving her head off of my chest.

"How'd I win if I never entered?"

"I entered you and I know you wrote my name in the ballots Ray told me."

"How?"

"I made him tacos." I laughed a little to myself and finished the dance. After a couple of hours it was time to go. We said our goodbyes to everyone and left for the hotel.

"Jacob?" Aaliyah asked from the passenger seat.

"Huh?"

"Tonight." What does that mean?

"Toni-Ok." I sped up a little and when I looked at Aaliyah she was cracking up.

We arrived at the hotel and I grabbed my bag out of the trunk and went to check in. On the elevator we started kissing. We went up into the room and it turned into a full blowout make out session. I guess she was serious. We both fell onto the bed and laughed a little bit.

"Aaliyah, you sure?" I asked.

"Positive." She answered.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Haha! I'm not describing what happens, you should know . Lmfao, maybe I'll update next year. Or tomorrow.