7. "50/50."

Aaliyah's Point of View

It just happened so quick. I don't know what happened. We were just talking about the project, one thing led to another and then our lips connected.

I couldn't think straight. I was still trying to figure out why and how.

I stood at the door with a shocked look.

"So about this projec-" I was cut off by Jacob's lips crashing on mine. I can't deny, Jacob was attractive and I mean who wouldn't want to kiss him. But after a reality check I caught a grip and pushed him off.

"Jacob! What the fu-"

"Aaliyah, I like you. Like really like you and I've only known you for a a month and a half. Look I know the kiss was crazy but it's the only way of me getting your attention. I don't know what I did but I'm sorry." He said cutting me off and taking a deep breath.

"Jacob I-I," I looked down. " I couldn't be friends with you if I tried. I moved to California so I could leave the drama in Michigan. So I could leave the-the crackhead I cal-" I stopped mid-sentence and realized who I was talking too. "Never mind, I think it's time for you to go."

I grabbed his book bag and opened the door.

"That's it?" He said coming up behind me.

"W-what do you mean that's it?!"

"All you told me was that we can't even be friends! I mean I'm not that bad Aaliyah." He said as I gave him his bag.

"I don't have to explain my reasons man. Just get out." I said as I was getting pissed off.

Then as he started to leave I heard him mumble "Bitch."

"Yeah I'm a bitch because I won't be your friend." I said sarcastically as I slammed the door.

And to think I was starting to like him.

Jacobs Point of View

I didn't mean to call her that it just came out.

When I got home I needed something to do.

I was already pissed so I called Nicole to see if I could come over.

When I got there I got straight to business.

An hour and a half later both of our sweaty bodies lay next to each other.

"Um, alright. Wow, what was that? Sexual frustration orrr?" Nicole said as she sat up. "You alright babe?"

"Yeah I'm good, just needed that I guess. Well I'm gonna go so ill text you." I said slipping on my basketball shorts.

"Wow, well alright. If you need me I'll be here probably for the next couple of days. Geesh." She said as I slipped on my shoes heading for the door.

"Yep, bye." I said leaving her room then house.

I made my way over to Chres' house because I honestly needed some advice.

When I arrived I knocked on the door, to my surprise Malik, Chres' brother, answered the door.

"Woo where you been lil blexican nigga?" Malik said as he pulled me into a hug.

"I should be asking you! This ain't yo crib no more this Chres'." I said as I went in and went to Roc's room.

"Damn! Can you knock?" Roc said as he jumped up.

"Yeah I need some advice." I said sitting in his computer chair.

"On?"

"Aaliyah," I said as I sighed. "When I went over to do the project I kissed her." I said as Chres laughed.

"Man this shit ain't funny. She told me we couldn't even be friends bro."

When he finished laughing he spoke. "Why not friends?"

"She basically said I'm drama prone and that she left her drama life in Michigan and her crackhead something."

"Wait, you still with Nicole though?"

I sighed realizing what I just did. "Shit and I just used her as a bootycall after Aaliyah kicked me out." I put my face in my hands as I heard Chres snicker.

"Damn nigga you won't have a date to the game."

"Dog, fuck you."

So how do those love triangles work out?

Well from previous experiences somebody dies or it all ends up bad.