Chapter 3

(A/N): Hmm... I wrote the beginning of this story in about 4 hours... kinda crazy, ik. I wanted to add a part to the story where someone has a flashback? If that makes, any, sense to you. And In terms of like Aang and Katara are about to kiss, but than something ha... okay, you know what! Ima stop with the annoying ass spoilers, and leave yawl to it. 

Back on the mountain...

Life is only so valuable. Like a piece of gold. It only comes so rarely, but withholding and withstanding the ultimate values and the durability of the mineral...that's the key to understanding and achieving peace.

Katara finished reading that message she had received only so long ago. She wondered what the comet would look like, and how powerful, truly, the firebenders would actually become. But at the same time, she also knew something. She knew that as long as Aang was alive, and in good condition; they could beat Lord Ozai with the swing of his pinky. 

"Katara!" Aang screeched.

"Yes, Aang?"

"Can you help me? I got my shirt stuck in this rock..." Aang said, embarrassed to even ask.

"Aang, you're literally the Avatar. Can't you get a shirt out of a rock? You know how to earthbend." She said, unhappy that Aang would ask such a stupid question.

"Yea... but the rock is like... huge... and I think some master waterbending would totally help get the shirt un-stuck" Aang said, which to Katara made a little more sense than any bullshit he had said before.

The second she turns the corner, she see's a shirtless Aang, who still had his trousers on. She breathed a sigh of relief. Her eyes didn't graze over the shirt, but over his abs. She glared at them, wondering how such a young boy could have such nice abs. Why am I thinking this way? We seriously need to stop this Comet! She says to herself. She uses some strong waterbending to weather the rock, and it slowly decayed, giving Aang just enough room to get the shirt out. 

"Aha! I knew you could do it!" Aang says, proudly. 

"W...what?" She says, extremely confused by Aang's unexpected joy. 

"I knew you were ready for the Comet!" he says, gleaming once again.

"What's that have to do with anything? How would you know?" Asks Katara.

"Katara, only a master waterbender would have the ability to weather and decay a rock within a minute. Normally, the terrain would take atleast 3 years to decay about 1 inch. You just did that in 1 minute." He says, expressing his knowledge he had learned from Monk Gyatsu. Katara takes a second to think it all through, huh, I guess he is right. Maybe I am getting really strong.

"That's cool and all Aang, but why would you waste my water when you could've just earthbent the rock away from the other rock?" She asks, with a frustrated voice.

"Oh, I had to earthbend to get the shirt in there, and I wanted to help you get stronger!" He said, expressing his willing attitude to help anyone get better at anything.

"T...thanks Aang." Katara said, still quite confused why he had to do that. As he put his shirt right back on, Katara continued to glare at his chest while the shirt was over his head, but thought again to herself that that was so wrong. 

Just than, a huge boulder came out of nowhere; heading straight for Katara. At almost the perfect time, Aang realized what was going on. Katara tried to stop the boulder by freezing a wave she had formed, but it was so large, it went straight through. "Katara!" Yelled Aang, tackling Katara to get her out of the way of the boulder.

15 minutes in the past...

"Wait Toph..." wondered Sokka.

"Yea?" asked Toph, for once interested in one of Sokka's ideas. 

"What if you threw a giant boulder at Katara, and see how Aang would respond?" wondered Sokka.

"That seems like quite the smart idea if we are trying to get them in an uncomfortable situation." explains Toph. "But, Katara is your sister. Why would you want that?" Asks Toph, once again questioning what Sokka had said. 

"Well, I want to see how much Aang cares about Katara. And you have to make sure the boulder is big enough to go through some of her waterbending methods. She can't do anything too intense in a few seconds." Says Sokka, expressing some evil.

"We can try, but I can't say the boulder will go through. She is definitely one of the strongest waterbenders I have ever encountered, or been friends with at that point. Also, we are gonna have to walk within a reasonable range. It's hard to pinpoint their location using my feet from this far." Says Toph, who definitely expresses her willingness to do something evil, after all, Toph is just that kind of person. 

"Alright. Lets do this thang." Says Sokka, cracking his knuckles and grabbing his boomerang.

"Captain Boomerang, I like the way you think" Says Toph, as they run into the distance.

The present...

Aang tackles Katara, into the grass to make sure she doesn't get injured, or worse than that Boulder could have hit her. Katara has her eyes closed, scared of waking up in the afterlife. But, she feels something. Like hands on her sides; almost pinning her down. She opens her eyes, to see Aang lying on top of her. She blushes so hard that it convinces Aang that she is going to explode. "Katara! Don't explode on me!" Aang yells, shaking her violently. 

"Ow! Aang! Stop!" She yells, giggling. He only than realizes that he has been tickling her nonstop. Aang, realizing that no-one had gotten hurt, lies down next to her, also laughing. They both stare into one another's eyes. Aang visibly notices the shine in her sapphire blue eyes. Katara stares back, looking into his, gray, cloudy eyes, full of wonder and infinite imagination.

From across the way, Sokka and Toph high-five one another, completely aware of the series of events that just unfolded right in front of their very eyes. But, when Sokka and Toph's eyes look back out, they realize something they didn't wish they had to realize.

Aang and Katara's faces near. They begin to close their eyes. And at the bottom of the hill,

The Boulder feels conflicted.

(A/N): Yes, I know you guys hate cliffhangers. And admittedly, I do too. But unfortunately, I haven't brainstormed or thought through this far. I apologize. Next chapter will include some very... very interesting sentences and paragraphs. But, we have to keep it T. Kissing, smooching, making out, but no sexual interactions. Sorry for ruining the mood gaang.