How It All Began...

"Percy, this is serious!" Hazel Levesque complained, pacing around her small praetor house. "I'm using the Labyrinth to start going to an arts high school in LA tomorrow, and I need something that doesn't scream that the last time I went to school was in the 30's!"

"I am being serious." Percy Jackson countered, crossing his arms. "If you don't want people to ask questions, then don't wear one of your camp shirts!"

"That's a given, but that doesn't solve my issue, Percy!" Hazel said, digging into her dresser drawers and pulled out ten purple shirts. "All I own is purple shirts and jeans. And bedsheets, which I'm not going to need during the school day because I'm not going to be at Camp Jupiter doing my praetor duties. I'm leaving that to Frank since he's doing virtual school, however that works, and I'm going to a place where I don't know anybody-"

"Hazel, you're talking to someone who's had to go through that at least six times. I've lost count." Percy said, laughing a bit. "You're gonna be just fine at... What's that place called again?"

"Los Feliz High School. It's a performing arts school, but they just started giving kids who do traditional art scholarships. Frank sent in my art without telling me, and-"

"I know, I know." Percy said, grabbing something by his side. A purple backpack filled to the brim with clothes. "Annabeth thought you might want some new clothes to blend with the mortals. Well... They aren't new. They're hand-me-downs, but-"

"You mean that girl owns something besides Camp Half-Blood shirts?" Hazel teased, grabbing the bag as she started sorting through everything. Different types of shirts, jean shorts, belts, jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts filled the bag.

"Surprising, right?" Percy asked, getting out his cellphone that the Vulcan kids gave him as a test try to see if monsters were attracted to it. They gave both Frank and Hazel one too, but Hazel's was charging on her bed. "Oh God..."

"What?"

"My roommate is trying to get me into some band he likes, and he keeps sending me songs from them. This is the latest one." Percy said, clicking on the link as he turned up the volume on his phone.

Don't blink, no, I don't want to miss it. One thing, and it's back to the beginning, 'cause everything is rushing in fast, keep going on never look back.

"What is this band?" Hazel asked, getting the clothes out of the backpack.

"Um..." Percy said, squinting at the name on his phone. "Julie and the Phantoms... Whoever that is."

Light a fire in my eyes, I'm going out of my mind. Whatever happens, even if I'm the last standing, I'ma stand tall, I'ma stand tall.

Hazel looked over at Percy, feeling her heart break again. She instantly started crying, hugging the hand-me-down clothes for comfort, as she hid her face. Percy fought the incoming tears, instead opting to get off of his seat and get down on the ground, hugging Hazel tightly. "I miss him too Hazel."

The "him" Percy was referring to was Jason Grace. He had died months ago protecting the god Apollo, his twelve year old master Meg, and his ex Piper. Percy, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Annabeth, Frank, and their other friend Leo were known as the Seven, aka the seven demigods of prophecy that helped save the world from the giants the summer previous. Jason and Percy had gotten their memories erased and were forced to swap camps, Jason going to Percy's camp, Camp Half-Blood, and Percy coming here, to Camp Jupiter. Hazel, being the daughter of Pluto, had felt Jason's death when it happened, but brushed it off as her imagination. It became much more real when Apollo and Meg showed up with Jason's body in a coffin. Hazel didn't remember much of the service, just collapsing into tears in front of the entire legion. She and Frank, after Hazel had become the other praetor and the previous one left to join the Hunters of Artemis, couldn't bring themselves to send an Iris Message to their friends at Camp Half-Blood when they found out, so Annabeth and Percy found out about Jason recently. The news of his death was much fresher to them, so it surprised Hazel that Percy wasn't crying along with her.