Jason's First Sit-In

"Is this normal?" Jason asked, looking over at Willie. "We just sit here and watch them practice?"

"Just about." Willie said, shrugging. "Their music's really good."

"I don't doubt that for a second." Jason said, smiling a bit.

"You said that my death reminds me of something one of your friends would do." Willie said, smiling a bit. "Which friend? Are they still alive?"

"As far as I know. He's... Extrememy reckless. Also kinda famous."

"Really?"

"You ever watch True Crime documentaries when you were alive?"

"A couple here and there."

"You see the one about Percy Jackson?"

Willie's eyes widened. "You're kidding me..."

"Nope."

"How'd that dude turn out?"

"As far as I know, he's still dating the girl who got kidnapped with him. He and Annabeth have been blissfully dating for about two years now. Should be in college, assuming that he graduated. I think they decided on UC Berkeley. Annabeth would be going for architecture, and Percy would probably be going for something sea themed."

"Why?"

"His whole life's essentially been sea themed. His mom and dad met on a beach, and then his dad got lost at sea. He'd probably do something to do with marine life." Jason said, then his eyes widened. "What month is it again?"

"Late August. Why?"

"He made it to eighteen." Jason said, his eyes filling with tears. "And his little sister should be born by now. I wonder if he and Estelle share any characteristics... Wow, it just hit me that I have a lot of questions..."

"Why don't you go see for yourself?"

Jason shook his head. His friends were all used to weird stuff by now. He wouldn't be able to hide. "Not a good idea."

"Don't you miss them?"

"Of course I do. It's just..." Jason struggled to say. "It wouldn't be a good idea. It'd do more harm."

"Why?"

"Trust me on this one, Willie. They would not be too happy to see me."

"What other friends do you have?"

"Well, there's my sister, Thalia. My female best friend, Reyna. My best friend, Leo, I haven't seen him in over a year. My... Um... Complicated, Piper. Frank, his girlfriend Hazel, and... And Hazel's brother. Nico." Jason said, realization hitting him in the head like a brick. "Oh no..."

"What?"

"I hurt Nico."

"What do you mean?"

"Nico's older sister, Bianca, she died when he was ten, maybe eleven. He eventually found Hazel, they share a father, but it wasn't exactly the same. There was a period of time where Percy and Annabeth... Went away on... Vacation, and I went to do something with Nico. He... He got bullied into coming out."

Willie's expression softened, concern filling his face. "What?"

"We had to get something, and the guy we got it from was demented and forced Nico to reveal who his childhood crush was in order to get it. I was confused for a moment when he said he had a crush on Percy, I eventually figured out what that meant, but after that day, I became his big brother. I threatened his boyfriend when they went out on a date for the first time. I made sure that nobody bullied him for being the way he was, not that anybody would. I didn't tell anyone what happened. It was Nico's thing to tell. What that guy did... It wasn't right. And Nico lost another sibiling figure." Jason explained, trying his best not to cry. "Gods, my death caused a mess."