Lilura (The Demoness) PT 2

—"And so then, I wished for the Genie to disappear-" Lilura pauses, pursing her lips and glancing off to the side before she waves her hand and promptly clarifies-  "as a joke!" 

You start with a snort, your eyes glued on her as your hand snaps over your mouth. Your laughter muffled by your hand.

She scrunches her nose at you and playfully shakes her head, her ears folding back with the motion.

"It's a sad story because I never got my two final wishes!"

She whines, offering you puppy eyes in hopes of you sympathizing, but you only continue to laugh.

"That's still horrible! He may be stuck somewhere for eternity!"

Lilura squeaks as she laughs, clapping her hands together with unshed tears at the corners of her eyes.

You shake your head, allowing yourself to breathe now that the moment of uncontrollable laughter has ceased.

Lilura sighs, carefully dabbing her finger beneath her eyes in hopes of keeping her mascara pristine.

"Eventually, someone may find him!"

She makes a quick face of uncertainty and reaches for her glass, masking the forming grin with a sip of wine. However, the moment your eyes meet, the barrage of laughter begins again, and she nearly inhales her drink on accident. However, last-minute, she recovers and slides the glass onto the table, narrowly avoiding what could've been a chaos of spilled wine.

Your gaze locks on the single drop of wine that dribbles down her chin, and you act almost on instinct, moving forward to grasp a cloth napkin, you lean from your chair, over the table, and gently dab the napkin over her chin, catching the demoness by surprise.

"-oh!" She gasps, "thank you!"

Lilura takes a moment to compose herself, politely taking the cloth from your hand as you move to sit back in your seat.

"I can say it has been a while since I've laughed like that." She admits it shyly, all the while delicately wiping the remains of the wine. "If I'm going, being honest, when I heard how much younger you were than me, I was afraid this date wouldn't go too well."

You raise your elbow to the table and lean against your palm, ensuring to listen closely.

"I can safely say I wouldn't mind seeing you again..."

The butterflies in your stomach flutter with joy as you process her words. She's given you the go-ahead to a second-date! You almost couldn't believe your ears; it was like a fairytale almost.

"I'd love to show you this spot on Leviathan Beach— but don't let the name intimidate you; it's only named after a statue built on the pier..."

She listens to you ramble, but her focus was far from your words and more so on your mouth and how animated you became when speaking of the pier you grew up around.

Lilura nods along, mindlessly wiping away a portion of her lipstick as her mind carries along with the multiple ways she could kiss you right now.

"...there's this gorgeous sunset..."

But kissing you would be too soon, wouldn't it? It's only the first date — but you did seem to like her back just as much!

"...and a restaurant that sits just at the end—!"

Lilura watches as your tongue swipes over your bottom lip and raises from her seat, trying to act as nonchalant as possible. She catches you by surprise, the sudden movement pausing your sentence as she quickly changes the discussion.