when i saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful

3 years later...
August 4th
Erin and Jay's wedding day came around very quick. In all this time, the twins had turned three years old and had developed funny and characteristic personalities. Emilia was seven and at her most intelligent. And for Erin and Jay, well they had fallen in love even more. Not just with each other but the little family they created. Often when they were out people would say to Jay, 'You must have a handful with three girls.' or 'Don't you wish you had a son.' And Jay would tell them, no. Because in his eyes nothing was more perfect, yes it was hard bringing up three girls, but he wouldn't change it for the world.

Kim, Erin, Natalie and Gabby were all getting ready at Natalie's house. With all four of them, the hairdresser, the makeup artist and five children it was very chaotic. Emilia, Annabelle and Charlotte were all running around with Jessica, Kim's girl, and Harriet, Gabby's daughter. Harriet was five, two years older than the twins but two years younger than Emilia. "Emmi, bring Annie and Lottie!" Erin shouted. Emilia walked in with the twins. "Mommy, I hungwy." Annie said. "Have a biscuit before you put your dress on." Erin sat Annie on the sofa and handed her a biscuit.

After, she got Lottie changed and in her lilac dress. All the bridesmaids had lilac dresses. The kids were flower girls, while Kim, Natalie and Gabby were bridesmaids, Kim being the maid of honour.

Meanwhile, over at Adam's house, the boys were getting ready. Jay, Adam, Will and Kevin were all chilling with Owen, Natalie's kid. They were all dressed in their suits, Will was the best man and Owen was the page boy.

When they were riding in the car, Hank handed Erin a letter. One from Camille.
Erin,
If you're reading this, the big day has come for you. Whoever you're marrying must be special if you chose him, and if Hank actually accepted him. Just remember I'm watching from up above.
Love Camille x
Erin was getting emotional, Hank carefully wiped the tear away. They shared a sentimental moment in the car, together.

The time came, Jay was stood at the alter waiting nervously for Erin. The doors opened Emilia, Annabelle, Charlotte, Jessica and Harriet came down the aisle, throwing pretty white petals out of their baskets. Then came Erin in her pristine, white wedding dress. Her hair tied up in a bun, with a white flower clip at the top of it. Jay's heart skipped a beat, when he saw how beautiful his soon-to-be wife looked. Hank and Erin walked down the aisle, Erin had a big beaming smile across her face.

"Take good care of her Halstead." Hank said to Jay. "I will." Jay replied. Erin and Jay stood opposite each other on the alter, holding hands. The bridesmaids stood on Erin's side, the groomsmen on Jay's.

The priest started the ceremony, "Today we are gathered to celebrate the union in matrimony of Jay Halstead and Erin Lindsay. If anybody has any objections why this wedding shouldn't go ahead, speak now." The room was silent, this put the soon-to-be wed couple at rest.

"Now for the vows. You first." The pastor pointed to Erin.

"Jay, I have to admit, when we first met I didn't like you. Nor did I open up to you. Over time we became more comfortable with each other and we were the best of friends. All the nights we spent watching Blackhawks games and films, whilst eating popcorn. They made me realise that deep down, all that time, I did love you. Then we were together, it was the best time of my life. When I left for New York and saw your name flash up on my phone, it broke my heart. When I found out about Emilia, it made me happier because I knew that I had a little piece of you still with me. I fell in love with Jay Halstead and I don't regret it at all." Erin finished her vows and looked up at Jay, straight into the ocean blue eyes.

"Erin Lindsay, the minute I walked into the Intelligence Unit's bullpen, you caught my eye. It was hard getting to know you, but I found a way. I loved the nights where we would hang out together, or go to Cubs games, or just simply talk to each other. The more I got to know you, the more I fell in love with you. When we dated, I did feel a bit guilty about dating in secret but I knew it was worth it. Even if it did almost cost me my job. When you left for New York, I was heartbroken. It took me months to get over the fact you'd gone. But I knew that you would come home one day. Now we have three beautiful children together, I couldn't be happier. I love you to the moon and back Erin Lindsay." Jay finished his with loving eyes.

"Now Jay repeat after me..." The pastor said.

"I, Jay Halstead, take thee, Erin Lindsay, to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold from this day forward." Jay said and slipped the gold band on Erin's left ring finger.

"I, Erin Lindsay, take thee, Jay Halstead, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold from this day forward." Erin said, smiling. She put Jay's wedding ring on his finger.

"By the power invested in me and the state of Illinois, I now announce you husband and wife." The pastor smiled. Jay pulled Erin in for a kiss, one that showed just how much he loved her.

They had the reception at Molly's, a bar owned by some of the firefighters at Firehouse 51. The bar being the heart of the first responders of Chicago. Erin and Jay cut their elegant cake, people cheered.

Their first dance came, Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Jay led Erin onto the dance floor, they swayed around slowly. Neither of them could stop smiling. "This is the best day of my life." Erin whispered. "It's mine too." Jay smiled. Erin rested her head on Jay's shoulder, his hands around her waist. A picture perfect moment.

Everybody was now sat drinking or talking to others, after being danced out. Then a ring came, Will was stood up banging his glass. "Okay, as the best man, it's time for my speech. When I first met Erin, I thought she was a bit terrifying. She was shouting at criminals in the hospital. But then I saw her with Jay and she changed. She was smiling a lot more and seemed more caring. Jay had always had a bad taste in women, but when Erin came I was very surprised. She was the first good girlfriend, Jay had ever had. Welcome to the family, Erin." Jay hugged Erin but at the same time, death stared Will. If looks could kill his older brother would sure be dead by now.

"Okay, I promise this is the last speech." Kim said standing up. "I've known Erin for a long time, we're best friends. She always used to give me advice and help me in ways she didn't know. Erin did come to me, when she knew she first liked Jay. The smile on her face when she told me, said it all. When I got detailed up to Intelligence, it scared me a bit knowing that my best friend was in New York all on her own. When she came back with Emilia, it made me so happy. Emilia and Jessica get along so well, just like we do. Thank you Erin for always being there for me. And congratulations!!" Erin was smiling so much at her best friend's speech.

As the night died down, Hank had finally had a moment to talk to Erin. "I'm really proud of you, kid. I know I didn't like you and Halstead at first but you've grown to be just like me and Camille were." He said. Erin smiled but had tears in her eyes at the thought of her foster mother.

Erin and Jay were on a flight to Hawaii for their honeymoon, both had an incredible day and would do anything to relive it.