Dark - Zander Fanfic

It was dark...

My heart felt, empty? He left me, just left me.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. What Hailey told me were lies. I never had a chance with him. From the moment I saw Stacy, I knew it was all over. She was beautiful. With navy blue hair and eyes anyone could fall for. And she wasn't like me, she was kind, caring and the type of person Luke would love forever.

Me? What am I? A homosexual mess. A pessimist. Someone he doesn't like.

I feel like I'm watching paint dry when I'm hugging onto a pillow and sobbing out like it's everything I've got. A few more teardrops rolling down my miserable face soaks the pillow some more.

I can't bring myself to look at Instagram ever again. Their rosy cheeks and pearly white teeth as their lips touch. I can't. It's overwhelming to see the boy I've fallen in love with. I could have fallen in love with someone who wouldn't have broken my heart. I can't change it now, I can't sew it back.

"Hey, dork? You okay? Dad's done with dinner, come eat," a pair of dark eyes peers out from the other side of the door. I couldn't even talk to her without sobbing, let alone eat with the whole family.

"I-I'm not hungry," a couple of teardrops roll down my messed up face like a harsh stream rushing down a valley. Hailey sighs while those dark eyes of hers drop low.

"C'mon Zandy, it's not like you and Luke aren't friends anymore. You can always find someone else."

"Someone else? Someone else! How the heck am I supposed to find another person! As if you'd know anything, you've never even had feelings for anyone let have anyone like you."

"Alexander! I'm not trying to hurt you, the only thing hurting you is yourself and that stupid phone."

That's that, she storms out of the room nearly on the verge of tears. She's emotional, we both are. And we both don't know how to love. 

The stars start to shift to their stations as they twinkled and turned. Dazzling, splendid. Luke sure did love starry nights. We'd sit upon a tall hill and I'd see the twinkle in his eyes as he gazed at the stars. It hurts, it hurts thinking about the galaxies I wish I could hide at and it hurts thinking about his eyes. 

"Gosh- How long have I been asleep?" I peek out from the layers of pillows I buried myself in. 

"Thank goodness it's winter break, I'd be dead if it wasn't."

One foot after the other, I sheepishly glance over at my phone. My wallpaper hurts me, Luke. 

Despite all of that, it's snowing. Snowflakes dance like they're dancing for their frozen, little lives. Church Bells' repeating rings ring throughout the suburb I live in. Luke wasn't religious, I still think about him. Why, why, why! He's spinning in my head like a uncontrollable hurricane. It hurts, more than usual. The clock ticks faster. It gets blurry. I stumble to the left and to the left again. 

It was dark.