Frost-Tipped Love - Lucy Fanfic

Stacy's POV

"He's cute right, Stacy?" she whispered into my ear. I was well, shocked.

Okay, maybe I didn't exactly hide my crush on him. How did Olivia know though? She barely knows who he is. He's way above her league, mine too. 

"Oo! She's a blushing mess now!" Rosy cooed in delight. That didn't help me not turn into a bush of overripe berries. Maybe I'm not the most popular student either. I usually never show up to soccer games, but this one is different. This one, he's here.

His sunny-orange hair, almost gleaming as bright as his smile. In addition to those, gorgeous, yellow eyes. Don't even try to convince me he's not the perfect boyfriend. Almost all of the girls and some of the boys agree! With his charming gestures, I could daydream about him all day. 

I don't just to call him cute or any of that like the others, I want him to like me. Maybe even like me back, as romantic as it seems, it'll never come true. Not when he likes, him. His best friend. Everyone knows it, no one needs to remind me every single day. 

"Roses are red, violets are blue. You like him but he'll never like you."

First, horrible poem right there. Second, maybe it's true. Just maybe. I certainly don't hope so. Then again, there's his childhood best friend, Mr. Pessimist. 

His purple hair flowing beside his sister's, he and Luke's unbreakable from the year they've grown together. I'm just the new girl, plain as plain can be. They're wolves, and I'm falling into their glares. I stare at them with envy, but they don't notice, Zander's just looking at Luke. It was fine, I understood him. Until Luke returned his gaze with a teasing smirk. 

Crack

I felt another piece of my love life rip apart as if I had any chance, to begin with. I'm not the new girl, I just am never there in the crowd. I wish, I just wish I was Zander, one day would be enough. Just one, just one. 

My breath suddenly runs on its own. 

I stare outside the window on this winder day. That day comes into me again, it'll never leave. The frost-bitten window edges complete the perfect Christmas scenery with the neighbourhood lights. Children's warm cheeks dance around in a circle as snowballs dance too. Winter's my favourite season because I don't have to be jealous. 

Even if I know he celebrates Christmas with Zander and his family, it's a different feeling. I feel pleasant, to know he's in a safe place. Bailey Burnes from Oakley street below runs around with Sion Guo. Mellow McLean almost trips herself while catching up to the duo. Lynn Peterson cheerily joins in on the fun. Wait, Peterson? Lynn was Luke's second-youngest sister. Then I knew, the taller figure behind her was Luke. His pearly white teeth, blonde eyes like the sun shining. He wraps his arms around his sister but she kicks and punches jokingly to get out. Alas, they fall in a snow pile laughing. Lynn quickly finds an opportunity to leave her protective guard, though I'd never do the same. When Luke's breath becomes visible in the frigid air, he glances through my window. My cheeks become a wild-pink again once I realized I had pulled the curtains shut. This was a chance I had and I blew it. His face remains as the only thought in my head, his smile, his glistening eyes. At this point, I don't know why I love him. The thought finally blew away like a snowflake. I had to take action. 

Step by step I rushed to the mudroom. Pulling on boots and throwing on a scarf. A present in my hand and candy canes in my pocket. I ran by my father, the janitor making spaghetti out of snow. By Mrs. Willows next door watching over the children. I ran without thinking, and of course, I found myself falling face-first into a layer of ice. 

My entire body ached with the pain I had never felt before. A worse feeling than pieces of my heart breaking off. Streams of cold liquid dripped down my forehead, blood. As I groaned in unpleasant agony as a hand reached out, his to be exact. His tall self squatted down to my side. Taking off his own scarf and wrapping it around my forehead. His scarf.

"Hey Stacy, do you want me to help you back to your house?" he was beside me. 

"Is your forehead feeling better?" he was beside me.

"Stacy?" I finally knocked out of it and look straight at him. 

"I-I-, I'm fine," my high-pitched, annoying voice called out gently. His arm stretched to the other side of me, pieces of my heart sewn itself back. It was just him and I, in addition to the children's laughs and a vibrant red present. Wait for the present! Its bow gracefully telling me to give it to him. He pulled me closer, closer. 

"Stop!" a voice command suddenly, it was mine. I stood in front of him, avoiding his eyes. 

"Stacy I didn't mean anything-" he tried to compile but it was no use, I knew this would hurt Zander.

"Zander would be hurt by this. You too, you love him."

"You're not wrong, at least I used to. The only thing I want now is you," I knew it, now he'd go back home to Zander. Wait, me? I was in that sentence? AmI hearing this wrong or-

He pulled me closer again, it was the thing that pushed me further. Thought I still didn't resist anything. Closer, closer. The tips of our winter-tipped noses touched, then our lips.  The world around me blurred out, it was just him now. Just him. 

It was a hot minute until he let me go, he needs to explain.

"Stacy, I should've asked for consent but here's the thing. I like you now, I started to notice you more and more. I knew who you were and everything and, you seemed so perfect. my feelings for Zander slowly faded away, now it's just you. Plus, he also likes someone else now, we talked about it," I couldn't believe this! They were wrong! I was wrong! Luke likes me! 

I smile with hope as I handed him a present, yet he put it aside back into the snow. The present looked sad. I felt a hand in my pocket, of course, it was him. A candy cane finally slipped out. Before, I glanced around to see the children looking merrily at us, not hesitancy. Now they were back to their game. I am still shocked, but pleased. An end of the candy cane found its way into my mouth and he took the other. 

Best Christmas ever, with him, I was a blushing mess. 

I hope this isn't a dream.

[Request by Smolly_Z]