EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT!
- the secret boyfriend

' i get by
with a little help
from my friends'

⋆ ⭑ ☆ ⭑ ⋆

"I'm still convinced you have a secret boyfriend!" Maria exclaimed to Florence.

The two Hufflepuffs were in the library writing their essays for Transfiguration. It was only the middle of the week and the two seventh years were already longing for the weekend.

"I don't have a secret boyfriend! And if I did, I would definitely tell you." Florence replied back. She had been asked this question by her friends one hundred times in the past couple of days.

"But then it wouldn't be a secret boyfriend, it would just be a boyfriend."

Florence just looked at Maria with a bewildered expression, going back to writing her essay.

"I'm just saying, we've all noticed you coming back at odd hours in the night. So, I've come to the conclusion that you have a secret boyfriend!"

"It could be a girlfriend." Florence retorted.

"Well, is it?"

"No! I don't have a secret anything." Which was kind of true as Florence didn't really know what her and James were if there even was a her and James!

"That's boring Flo! Ang, De and I all have bets on when you'll finally tell us." Maria said laughing.

"You all bet on me having a secret boyfriend!" The Valentine girl whisper shouted, not wanting to anger the scary librarian.

"Of course we did, we're all very stressed seventh years and need a bit of excitement! And that excitement is you having a boyfriend, it has been a while."

"Does the cute sweet shop boy from the summer count?"

"Did he ask you to be your girlfriend?"

"Well, no."

"Then it doesn't count! You're young and single Flo, you should put yourself out there!"

"Maybe I don't want to put myself out there, i'd much rather stay in there."

"You know, there is nothing wrong with being a bit scared!"

"I'm definitely not scared." Florence confessed. Maria didn't even know who she was trying to convince.

Florence knew that was definitely a lie. She was scared although she wasn't sure what she was scared of. Love, or even just relationships, really wasn't something Florence was used to. Yes, her family did love her, but love from someone else was an entirely different matter. The thought of someone giving everything to her was a strange feeling and Florence didn't know if that was good or bad.

Also, Florence didn't think she would be easy to love, not because she wasn't nice, (she was the loveliest person in hogwarts!), but because she didn't think she was good enough.

Not being good enough was definitely something that stemmed from having a massive fear of failure and very talented siblings. Now, Florence did love her siblings, but there was always a competition about grades and pretty much every aspect of their lives (which was extremely stressful!). Her parents were very supportive, however Florence still didn't want to disappoint them. And if she didn't think she was good enough, then how could anyone else possibly think she was.