Daisy

A/N: Hey y'all. so as anybody who's read this can tell, I haven't updated in almost two years. I don't know if anyone particularly cares, but I've had major writer's block and have sort of just... fell out of it. I'm trying to get back into it and figured what better way to practice getting better at writing again then continuing fic for a series I've always loved? So yea. I started this fic in 2016. Here I am, five years later, continuing. It's a fledgling sort of fic, not really good but there nonetheless. Hope y'all enjoy.

Dudley wasn't quite sure he was in his right mind, standing at the door he was standing at. He knew he had no real right to be there, considering the torment he had put Harry through during their childhood. He just knew he didn't have anyone else to turn to, not with the particular problem - not problem, situation, rather - he found himself in. He certainly couldn't go to his parents - they would probably disown him, distance themselves as much as possible. His father would, for certain - that much he knew. His mother... he wasn't as certain. After Harry had gone, after Harry had sent them to safety and returned, hardened and changed, to tell them they were safe, that everyone was safe... his mother had sat him down and told him about her childhood. More about it than she had ever shared, and more about his aunt, her sister - Lily - than he had ever imagined she would share. Then it was back to pretending magic didn't exist. Back to pretending Harry had never existed. And despite how much Dudley had loathed Harry in their childhood, bullied him and hurt him any chance he could get, he wasn't a child anymore and nothing he or any of them did sat right.

The fact of the matter is Dudley had grown up. He'd grown up, found a home and a wife, had a baby girl - Daisy. She was the most beautiful thing in the world to him, round and pink like him, beautiful brunette hair like her mother-

And born with magic.

And Dudley had absolutely no idea what to do.

At first he wasn't quite sure. At first he thought, Oh, maybe the cat knocked over that glass. Maybe the wind was really strong and the shutters opened themselves. But soon, he knew that he was denying the evident, and the evidence clearly pointed to his beautiful baby girl having magic.

It took Dudley a little while to come to terms with it, but as much as he knew he had no idea how to deal with a magical child, he knew his wife - completely Muggle, completely unaware of the magical world - would be even more out of her depths. Dudley needed help, his wife - Candice - needed help, and more than anything in the whole wide world, Daisy needed help. Daisy needed someone who knew about what she would go through, help her come to terms with the power she held, and even more so - how to stand up to the people who would try and hurt her, like Dudley did with Harry.

Dudley never wanted Daisy to have to go through this alone, and as much as Dudley vowed to support her through all of this, he also knew that Harry would be much better suited to help. That is, if he accepted. If he could find it within himself to help the daughter of his cousin who tormented him every day.

Dudley prayed Harry would help.

Dudley knocked - three sturdy raps - and prepared himself to tell all of this - all of the regrets and apologies and pleas as soon as he heard the doorknob rattling. Except it wasn't Harry who opened the door. Instead, it was this tall fellow. Hair pale as snow, skin even paler.

Dudley cleared his throat. "My apologies - I thought this was the resident of my cousin, Harry Potter--"

"Dursley?" The man cut in, eyebrows raised with more judgement than even Dudley's mother could muster.

"W-well, yes. Is this his residence? I'm afraid it's urgent, and--"

"He's out."

Dudley paused. He hadn't event thought that that could be the case. "Oh."