Chapter 8- Questions

Mason sat in a small room with a mirror. His hands were chained to the desk tightly and all of his belongings were collected. The room was dark with a dim of light. He couldn't believe they thought it was him.

"You can't chain a teenager to a desk without parent's permission," Mason shouted. His voice echoed throughout the room. His eyes glanced up and saw a red flashing light. "I can see the red light on."

Even with the dimmest of light, he could tell the table and chairs were metal, sliver metal to be exact. He crossed his legs and daydreamed killing his old friends and his ex.

Four officers guarded the door. They were making sure nobody got in or out. They never saw a murderer being a teenager and how they could get away with it. The officers scooted to the side and let Detective Sexton through.

As she did, she gave a long glaring stare at Mason. She grinned after awhile and dropped the evidence onto the table and slide the top off the box. One by one she took out the evidence and laid them next to Mason.

"Those aren't mine!" He shouted. Hoping she wouldn't ask any questions about his motivation of why he did it. He knew she knew, there was no shock there. He just knew he have to lie to everything and hopes he get out of this hell hole.

Catherine ignored him. Her eyes were focusing on the mask. "Are you sure? This got your initial all over it. M W."

Shit

"Yes that was mine," Mason said quietly. "I used to do horrible things in the past. Killed so many people. I've changed into a better version of myself."

Catherine a crossed her arms and stared. "Why did you do those murders? What was your motivation?"

"At the time I had hallucinations things and I kept hearing voices for me to do it. They all were bitches except for my sister Jenna she was just in the damn way. I regret it everyday for murdering her."

"Let's go by people one by one. Okay?" Catherine said as she scooted the chair and sat across from Mason.

Mason gave a subtle nod. He uncrossed his legs and sat up straight. He noticed Catherine touching the mask, leather with skin from his victims sew on. His initial was carved into Amber's piece of skin. He could still picture Amber screaming for help as a crow screw drilled into her eyes and stabbed into her skin multiple times. He smiled and laughed at that thought. He was still crazy.

"Why did you kill Amber Jestine?" Catherine asked as the door swung open with two officers walked in. "Officers please close the door."

"Amber was a too face bitch and deserved it. Yeah she was Aiden's sister but she was fake ass," Mason said. Anger filled the atmosphere and Mason clenched his fists. "Aiden was clueless but I didn't kill him!"

Catherine's eyes widen. "Mason nobody said you did. What about Ezekiel Anderson?" She asked as she shushed the officers in the back.

"He betrayed me and began ignoring me. Plus Amber was brainwashing him. I couldn't warn him so he had to go. Killing him was the easiest."

Mason eyes glanced out the window and watching the citizens go by and grinned. "Each one of them has a secret to die for. Some of them takes it to the grave while some expose the secret."

"With all of these answers I've decided to have the deputy officer decides what to do. It was lovely meeting you Mason let's not meet like this again."

The room filled with silence once Catherine left. Mason wouldn't mind being arrested- now. His small town in Pennsylvania didn't have what he needed anymore and would be far away from the new murder. It was what he wanted and needed.
He began to twirl his index finger around his hair, then glanced at the mirror of himself and smiled. He knew they was watching his every move.

No soul in sight came through the door for half an hour. He heard the medal door open and began to wonder what his night or life going to be after this.

A tall silhouette stood far from the table, the dimmest of light pointed out it was a male figure. Black jeans, blue dress shirt and sheriff's hat.

Mason did his analysis of the male and wasn't any suspicious about the male. He also couldn't place his age on him, could be in his late forty's. "Hello sheriff, have you thought about where I'll be going?"

He nodded. "Pennsylvania psychiatric institute. I've placed your belongings in the backseat in the vehicle. Come with me Mr Woodward."

Mason phone buzzed as he climbed into the back and buckled in. His gut was telling him not to read the message and just run. But curiously got to Mason and knew he had to check. "Again?"

Hey old killer! Bet you didn't think you would be going to a psych ward for killing your friends and sister? Didn't ya

Buzz buzz

Again. This time it made chills go down his spine and wonder if he should tell the sheriff. He knew he couldn't.

One last question! Who should I kill? Think wisely - xoxo

"Who should it be? Think Mason!" He spoke quietly after the vehicle began to drive off. The whole patrol car was dead silence. "I know."

He sent his answer to the killer. He knew in that moment he have to tell his friends about his past.