Chapter - 10

Maybe some comments and votes would motivate me to write more? ♡

(^^ゞ

Ariana felt her nose crinkle as she smelt the booze and the toxins in the air as she entered the party.

"American parties are definitely what you read in the books or see in the movies, alright," She muttered under her breath as she tried to find her way through the way through the swarm of horny teenagers.

Ariana sighed, cursing herself for coming to this stupid party, and Indie for throwing it and forcing her to come along.

She had no problems staying in her room on a Friday night, munching on some chips while she rewatched all of the seasons of Doctor Who.

But noooo, she had to be at this stupid, fùckįng party.

The lass grumbled as she pushed away a sweaty guy away from her. She swore to herself that if anyone tried to touch her, she would put her skills to use.

See, the poor girl had lost Austin as soon as they had entered as the whole party seemed to have gotten even more rowdier as their bad boy slash king of the school had arrived.

She gritted her teeth as she pushed through the sweaty mess of teenagers.

With a roll of her eyes, she tried to not touch any of the people while she tried to move away from the dance floor. See, she'd be lying if she said that this didn't happen in Australia. It was the exact same; half naked girls on the dance floor grinding up against unknown boys and when they wake up from the drunken night in the early morning (or mid-afternoon) they face the regret.

Finally removing herself from the crowd, she forced her body into the kitchen.

Scrunching up her nose at the couple getting it on on the kitchen table, she turned away.

"I'd hate to eat anything on that table now, poor house owners."

She shook her head and tried to find a way away from these kids, when suddenly a hand was placed on her shoulder.

She turned around in a flash before coming face to face with a green eyed man.

A good looking green eyed man.

"Hi, I'm Ashton. You look pretty lost." He chuckled lightly and removed his hand from her shoulder.

She eyed him strangely and took a step backwards before clearing her throat to reply.

"You're good looking and all. I'm sure you're a great bloke too but I didn't give you permission to touch me."

His facial features constructed into a mask of shock, and it stayed like that for a few minutes before he let out a deep chuckle and directed his hands towards his earlobe, giving them a little pinch.

"I apologize, please forgive me."

Ariana arched a brow and stared up at the tall figure before trailing her eyes down and examining him. To be honest, he honestly did not seem like a r*pist that she thought she would meet at the party. He looked pretty decent, in her opinion and to top it all off, he was wearing a "Of Mice and Men" band shirt. In Ariana's book, that meant bonus points.

Ariana really never had much of an interest in boys growing up. One time, her mother was concerned she was interested in the same sex as she never really cared about the latest boy-bands. Ariana was more concerned about Doctor Who and Star Wars.

Ashton let out a nervous cough and scratched the back of his head.

"Please don't stare at me like that, you look like you want to kill me." He chewed on the inside of his cheek before continuing. "I swear I will never touch a girl's shoulder ever again!"

Ariana snorted and shook her head.

"No, you seem cool. Hi, I'm Ariana."

"I know!" He beamed excitedly.

". . . .  You never told me you were into stalking."

"No, no!" He stuttered. "I mean, the whole school knows about you so -

She chuckled and shook her head in amusement. "Chill, I was kidding."

He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment before nodding.

"Oh, Ariana!" A loud voice called her name, making the lass turn around.

Ariana saw Indie running towards her but coming to a stop a few meters away as her eyes went past her and to the towering figure of the young lad.

She grimaced and nodded towards him. "Ashton."

From the past few minutes Ariana has known Ashton, she thought he was a cheerful and fun person but his tone and structure completely changed.

"Indie." He said in a dark tone.

"Awkward. " Ariana said under her breath.

Thankfully, the pair did not hear Ariana's loud mouth.

"Ariana, I'll catch you later," Ashton patted her shoulder before quickly removing it. "Indie." He nodded towards her before walking away as quick as possible.

Weird.