New Face

Author's Note:

Before you begin reading this chapter, I'm going to say something very important that I forgot to do earlier.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the franchised characters that you might recognize, which would mean courtesy to Hasbro, Marvel, DC Comics, and Zag Heroes Studios. I only own the story, its concept and plot, the characters I made, and anything that is not franchised.

Alright. So now that is already done, enjoy Chapter 8!

______________________________________

"Okay. So what you are trying to say is that there is a probability that he already knows about the kid?" Steve asked.

"Possibly, possibly not, I am quite uncertain, Captain. But what I am certain is that Invictus knows that the prophesized boy hails from this universe. And he would do everything to kill him, just to stop the prophecy from ever happening," Optimus answered honestly.

"So we need to guard this 'Nick' kid even more now," Tony mumbled out of frustration. "Alright everybody, what's the game plan?"

"Why don't we just take this kid when he's alone and lock him up somewhere so that punk-ass Invictus won't be able to do anything?" Ironhide suggested. All eyes turned to him, giving him an exasperated look. "What?"

"Dude, are ya' mad? We can't do that!" Jazz laughed in disbelief.

"No one is going to kidnap anybody here," Doctor Strange sternly said. Bumblebee did a chirping noise that sounded like laughing while Optimus Prime gave Ironhide a disappointed and warning look.

"Can't we just show ourselves to him? So he would know that we're here to protect him?" Clark then voiced his question.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Clark. At least, not yet at the moment," Bruce replied.

"Mr. Wayne is right. We can't reveal ourselves. We are all works of fiction in this universe, if I heard the Saberinths correctly," Optimus agreed.

"Precisely. Which means if we show ourselves instantly to Nick, we might only drive him away, making this mission even more complicated. Processing the idea of fictional characters becoming real to protect him would be too overwhelming," Doctor Strange added. This caused almost everyone to sigh heavily.

"I'm still even working on believing that you all exist myself," Tony idly commented.

"So what do you suggest we do then?" Tommy asked, ignoring what Tony said. They all went silent, thinking of what exactly to do.

"Right now, I think going undercover would be the best idea," Natasha then suggested. "We go undercover in the school where he goes so we could keep a close eye on him."

"And how do we do that?" Diana asked. They all wondered again for a moment until Tony's lightbulb lit up, his eyes going wide.

"You two comicon kids," Tony called out, pointing at Ladybug and Chat Noir. "How old are you?"

"Uh, I'm 15," Ladybug said shyly. "I don't know about him, though." She pointed at Chat Noir.

"I'm 16," he grinned.

"Alright," Tony said.

"Tony, what are you planning to do?" Steve asked.

"You said about going undercover, right? Then they are our best shot," Tony answered.

"Tony, the school year is almost over. How would we be able to get them into the school?" Natasha dubiously asked.

"Maybe with the right alibi, we could still fit them in," Ratchet tried.