Houston, We Have A Problem.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It has been a couple of months since I last updated this story (February last year, right?), and something had dawn unto me throughout those months that I have not done anything to this one. 'Rise - The Nick Allen Sanders Saga' was already done writing, and was undergoing review and proofreading before I upload it here.

And that's where things started to go downhill for me.

During the process of the proofreading, I noticed that it is going on a direction not how I intended it to be. It was awful, along with those cringy dialogues, and unrealistic situations I made for my lead character. And using a foreign faceclaim for a Filipino character seemed a bit insulting, to me at least. And that's coming from the Filipino who wrote this story in the first place. It's just not how I intended this story to be. Even if I tried, the damage is done and seemed to lack qualities that's worthy of redemption in the second installment. 

So I decided to scrap this story, along with the drafts for the supposed second book. But that does not mean I am abandoning the plot, because honestly, it's still plagueing my dreams every night. I spent months brainstorming for improvements, better character arcs, more high-stakes situations, believable characters — everything to make this book worth reading. I also thought that writing something else for a while might help improve my skills. And that's where End My Misery came in (if you haven't checked it out already, I suggest that you do). Well, at least I felt that I did improve even if it's just a smidge when I wrote it.

I already wrote the first few chapters of the rewrite. All I can say about is without spoiling is that the premise is a whole lot different from its predecessor, I fixed Nick's faceclaim, stakes are different, but the flow would still be at times similar to the original. Though, I don't know when I might upload it considering I still have a lot of problems to tackle - mainly, school work. The one possible date I can think of is the same date when I first uploaded the original. 

And I won't make promises of updates. I'm notorously incapable of holding up to them. The only promise that I can make — hopefully without jinxing myself — is that I would do the very best I can so the book will be a whole lot better.

With all that being said, I would like to give my sincerest appreciation to those who've read this book and and able to pull through despite the cringe-fest. Hopefully, you would still be here showing support once I've finally uploaded the revised version of this book.

For now, see you when I see you.