11.

"Well, where is it?"

Gon's voice echoed throughout the room. Kurapika swallowed a gulp and clapped his hands together, trying to muster a smile.

"Let's call it a day, shall we?" he suggested and chuckled nervously, in attempt to lighten down the already tense atmosphere. "It's already getting pretty late."

Kurapika then shot a glare to Gon, hoping that he'd get the message, but the latter knew what Kurapika was doing and shrugged– waving a hand off to him.

"Kurapika, there's something you should know about Killua and Y/N," Gon deadpanned, his arms were already crossed and he let a finger tap on his arm repeatedly.

"Gon, that's enough!" Y/N yelled out, their eyes brimmed with tears as the shakiness in their voice went noticed. Killua kept his head hung low, his lips quivered and fists were balled until his knuckle had turned white, holding back his emotions to avoid doing something he'd regret later on.

"Gon, I don't know exactly what you want to force out of them, but I may have an idea of it," Kurapika breathed out an exhausted sigh. "If you want them to say it, at least wait until tomorrow– when Leorio is here."

"Fine," Gon gave in, after a moment of hesitation. He then took his leave, stomping his way to his room and slamming the door shut.

Kurapika adjusted his gaze towards the other two, the worry in his guts bubbled up even more as he could only feel sorry for the distressed couple.

"You two didn't deserve that. I'll make sure to talk to Gon about it," Kurapika spoke softly, that it added up Y/N's urge to cry even more. "In the meantime, you two should talk about it."

"Killua, we should end this."

Killua's eyes shot wide.

"What are you–"

"Let's end this soulmates thing. We can't always stay delusional and if I have to be honest, I'm tired of playing pretend."

There was a small frown on Killua's face that made Y/N's chest clench, but they knew that this would be for the best–that it had to be done.

"Are you trying to break up with me?" Killua whispered.

Y/N's lips twitched before they broke out into a huge fit of laughter.

"Goodness no, of course not!" Y/N said in between heavy breaths, they then took a step forward and cupped his cheeks in between their palms.

"I think I love you too much for me to let go," Y/N continued.

The frown that was once on Killua's face was replaced with a smile as he exhaled out of relief.

"If that's the case, then I won't mind ending our small act," Killua spoke, leaning his forehead against Y/N's and holding on to his lover's hands.

"I don't care if we aren't soulmates. I chose you, and that's final."

Y/N heard Killua say an 'I love you' under his breath, before he leaned over for a kiss.

a/n: so um lets pretend it didnt take me
more than 3 months to update 😰 i've been so focused on genshin impact omg