O8.

Normally, y/n wouldn't pay a lot of attention to snow. They wouldn't get all giddy and jump around when they see that the city had been painted in white nor would they go out to throw snowballs like children in a playground.

It wasn't that they hated winter– they just didn't mind about it. It happens every year anyway they told themself before they stepped in the library, muttering to themselves how it wasn't such a great idea to visit the library in one layered clothing–

until they suddenly felt a burning sensation on them. It took a minute for their nostrils to engulf the smell of caffeine and another one to realize that they just had to run into someone and would have to dealt with the stain on their top.

"What the hell?"

"Not going to apologize for being blind?" y/n snapped back and pushed the stranger's slipping black specs back to the bridge of his nose. "Thanks to you, I'm forced to spend on laundry."

The stranger ran his fingers through his white locks in frustration as an exhausted sigh escaped his lips, "It's your fault for daydreaming."

"Excuse me?"

"What? I didn't lie though, right?"

y/n took a deep breath, trying to contain their anger. Of all the people, it had to be this brat.

"Maybe if your ass wasn't looking at your phone–"

"Ah– this is getting too complicated. How annoying," the boy waved their hand off. "Can't hear you from down there, shortie."

y/n then silenced themself out of surprise as the boy covered their figure with his oversized coat.

"Come on, I'll buy you a new top," the boy said.

"What– Hey! apologize first!"

"No way, idiot. You're not hearing any apologies out of me."

Soon, that day was eventually filled with laughter, harmless teasing and finished off with exchanged numbers.

"It's snowing."

y/n pointed out, watching the snowdrops slowly blanketing the buildings, hearing Killua stopping by next to them. He snaked his hands around their waist before pulling them closer to his presence, noticing the way y/n's breath hitched.

"I thought you didn't really like snow," Killua said. "Pretty unusual for you to say that."

y/n chuckled and fluttered their eyes closed, taking in the warmth from Killua's figure.

"I know but," y/n averted their gaze towards Killua. "That was last year."

"Well, what made you change your mind?"

y/n felt their lips curl into a fond smile and cupped Killua's cheek, slowly caressing it with their thumb.

"You."

a/n: ik the book is like fluffy so far but dont worry, that wont last long <3