O1.

"You look like shit."

He sighed as he flipped through another page of
'Poor Folk' by Fyodor Dostoyevsky— marking Killua's third time of completing the novel in a span of one week– without getting any sleep.

Gon clearly noticed Killua's baggy eyes followed with the dark circles that surrounded them and as much as he wanted to scold his friend for pulling three all nighters, he knew that Killua's stubborn ass wouldn't listen to him so he didn't even bother but damn, he really did look like shit.

"Gon, shut the fuck up."

"Killua, you look like shit," Gon had repeated, choosing to overlook the fact that Killua had already consumed at least three cups of coffee from the cafe. Killua clicked his tongue in annoyance as he slammed his book shut.

"Why'd you even offer to keep me company when all you've been doing so far is criticize me?"

"I'm not criticizing– don't get the wrong idea."

"Then what are you doing?"

"Observing you," Gon smiled cheekily, letting a palm rest under his cheek. "You know if Kurapika sees you like this, he would beat the shit out of you."

Kurapika had always been the most caring one in their squad of four– though he could be intimidating and too stern at times, just like that one time when Killua had accidentally made Gon fall on a staircase (they were playing tag, as always) and Kurapika showed little to almost no mercy towards the both of them. However, they knew he did it for their own good.

Killua would be lying if he didn't admit that he saw him to be more of a parental figure compared to his own biological mother, but he still found the both of them annoying anyway.

"All the more reason for me to leave right now."

a/n: yay new fanfic 🤩 anywAyZz this kinda sucks rip but please bear with me <3 enjoy loves