01. Café ☕

I guess all the mountains that I moved just weren't enough
And all those nights I walked you home
From crowded bars when you were drunk

Anson Saebra, Walked Through Hell

No One's POV

The smell of coffee in the early morning will be forever his favorite thing, for now. There will be not a day of him for not tasting coffee. He sits on a table for two, reading his favorite book "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman.

The second thing that he puts into his time is reading. In his apartment, the collections of books that he collected since Middle School are there.

He was waiting for someone that morning before he goes to work. He works in a company and the salary is just above the average. At least once in a year with his saved up money, he can go on a holiday wherever he want.

Kim Junkyu, the coffee addict and a book lover.

Just like any other day, his favorite book would be on his left hand and coffee in his right hand. He was about to drink his half finished iced Americano when someone bumped his hand. The glass shattered on the floor.

Junkyu wanted to tidy it up, at least lighten the burden of the waiter in that café. However, his finger was cut by the shattered glass.

"Ouchh ..." he hissed.

When he wanted to put his finger in his mouth so that the blood that came out could at least stop, whether this was a myth or a fact, at least that is what he thought.

Someone pulled his hand first and Junkyu felt warm, wet sensation on his finger. Yes, the man who bumped Junkyu earlier grabbed Junkyu's hand first and put it in his mouth immediately, hoping the blood would stop.

Junkyu didn't even refuse, but for no reason, his heart was racing. Maybe because of the coffee he drank earlier. 'Doesn't caffeine make our hearts beat faster than usual?' he thought.

10 seconds had passed, the man pulled out Junkyu's injured finger from inside his mouth, and indeed, the blood stopped.

"I'm sorry" the man said as he took the paper on the floor that was also wet and ruined by Junkyu's Americano.

He then left Junkyu who was still confused by the situation that had just happened.

Junkyu could only stare at the back of the man who was carrying a large black bag shaped like a guitar.

"Yakk..What happened?" said another man who came up to him running from the entrance.

"Nothing." Said Junkyu as he still keep his eyes on the man who just left the cafe.

"What do you mean by nothing? Let me see" he put a plastic bag on the table and pulled Junkyu's hand.

"Ckckck.... Kim Junkyu" he shook his head and then glared at Junkyu.

"I said it's nothing. Why did you come late anyway?" asked Junkyu as he pulled his hand from the man's grip then take a sit. He finally put his attention on the later guy who came to him.

"I was on my way here but I know that you haven't had breakfast so I bought you your fave Hamburger" said the man. Junkyu can't hide his happiness of course and smiled brightly.

"Ahhh..." Junkyu hissed. Junkyu wanted to open the plastic of the burger but he forgot that his finger just got a cut from the glass earlier.

The man just shook his head and directly took the plastic from Junkyu and opened the plastic until the burger are half opened. Junkyu throw a smile to the man and eat up the burger.