Please

A knock on the door jolts her from her thoughts. She's brought back to her surroundings (not realizing how long she'd been staring at her blank ceiling) as another round of knocks sound off in her ears.

Darnell will get it. Just pretend you're sleep.

Knock, Knock, Knock

They were gentle but urgent. Then she realized the knocks were on her bedroom door.

Damnit

Dinah sighed, tossing the blankets off of her body, and tiptoeing to the door. She noticed the shadow in front of the door. Being ever so quiet the blonde bent down to see bare toes. She instantly knew who was on the other side of the door (as creepy as it sounds), and knew how impertinent it was for her to open it.

Dinah opened the door, slightly scared of her roommate's face. "H-Hey...w-what's up?" The brunette furrowed her eyebrows, staring her up and down. Dinah nervously gripped the doorknob trying to calm herself.

"Everything...o-okay Daya?" Zendaya took a step forward making Dinah take a step back. Zendaya was trying to hold her anger back but it wasn't working. She held out her hand waiting for consent to intertwine their fingers.

Dinah nodded stepping away from the safety of her room. Zendaya took the woman's other hand, pulling her closer. "There's something you're not telling me and... I wanna know what it is," the actress mumbled.

The blonde looked away from the hazel eyes that were trying so hard to read her's. She heard a sigh escape Zendaya's lips. "Please."

Her head shot up, and she looked around them before bringing her into her room. Dinah closed the door behind them, turning to see Zendaya sitting cross legged on her bed. She leaned back on the door with a straight face. Finally looking up, she met her roommate's eyesight.

"There's so much you know about me, and yet so little that's actually important," Dinah said under her breath.

"Then why won't you just tell me so I'll know?" Zendaya asked, realizing just how broken she was. A tear rolled down Dinah's cheek as her gaze returned to the ground. "Tell me baby." Zendaya's voice began to muffle and Dinah's vision blurred as she cane towards her.

Baby

A high pitch ring let out as she watched, through tear filled eyes, Zendaya work herself up over what Dinah believed was nothing. Her bead was spinning a bit, and she let out a steady breath.

Calm, calm, calm

"calm down," Zendaya whispered gently running her hand through her hair. Their foreheads touched as they stared deeply into each other's eyes.

I'm scaring her, I'm making her upset. Stop it

"Stop."

Stop it

"Shh.."

Stop it!

"Stop it!" Dinah shouted. Zendaya let go, stepping back and watching the woman she loves crumble before her very eyes. "Why do you care about me?!"

"Because I love you."

"Why?!"

"Becaus-" Zendaya started with a shout. So many reasons ran through her mind, it silenced her.

"See?! You can't even tell me because you don't! So why don't you just go?!" she cried. With anger and passion Zendaya pressed her lips against Dinah's, slamming them into the door. She didn't care though.

She loves me and she doesn't even know me

Zendaya pulled away, almost piercing her with the love in her eyes.

"I love everything about you, no matter how insignificant it may feel to you. I love you with every fiver of my being, but you can't see that because you won't open up to me. And I know you love me too because you only seem to push away the people you care about most. So give it a goddamn rest already, because no matter how much you push I'm not going anywhere."

Dinah nodded laying her head on Zendaya's shoulder. The taller of the two engulfed her into a warm hug. "Will you let me in?"

no.

(A/N: Y'all I'm so excited for Malcom and Marie. 🤠)