Midnight Love(revised)

Dinah put her cover over her bathing suit before slipping out the window. She jumped out to the tree in her front yard and climbed down. She ran to the curb where shr found Zendaya's truck waiting for her. The blonde wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, kissing her cheek.

"Hey babe," she greeted.

"Hey. To the beach?" Dinah asked.

"To the beach," Zendaya said. She started the car and the engine roared to life. The two pulled off towards the beach.

Zendaya grabbed her girlfriend's hand, kissing the back of it.

She smiled up at the brown haired girl. It was a special night. It was their three year anniversary.

Dinah and Zendaya had been together since eighth grade. Zendaya had just moved to Florida and didn't know anyone at all. Not to mention she was super shy. Dinah admired her from afar and finally worked up the courage to ask her out. They went out and the rest is history.

Zendaya stopped the truck and got out. She helped Dinah down, interlocking their fingers. They walked hand in hand down to the shore line of the small beach they'd found a few years ago.

Dinah smiled up at Zendaya before taking her cover and shorts. Zendaya took off her shirt and eased into the water. Turning back she saw Dinah sitting on the grainy white sand by their pile of clothes.

"DJ c'mon! The water's great!" Zendaya grinned.

"I don't know babe. It looks cold," Dinah said. Zendaya smirked before running out of the water towards her. She scooped Dinah up in her arms making the girl giggle. Together they splashed into the moon lit ocean.

"Daya!"

...

Dinah and Zendaya sat in Zendaya's old tree house. They'd dried off and were now finishing up a box of pizza while staring up at the shinning stars.

"Daya after graduation happens, where do you think well end up?" Dinah asked

Zendaya finished off her pizza slice before answering. "I dont know. But I do know I want you to be with me." She wrapped her arms around Dinah and they fell back to the floor of the wooden structure.

They sat in silence, enjoying each others company. The crickets chirped and the wind breezed by. Dinah laid her head on Zendaya's chest. She took a moment to admire her beauty. From her delicate eyelashes to the soft redness of her cheeks.

Dinah hadn't noticed, but the older girl was doing the same to her as she did to her girlfriend. Zendaya admired Dinah's  long blonde tresses, and how the water had dampened her curls. Her hazel brown eyes and the moon light dancging around in her irises. To Zendaya, Dinah was a rare treasure that was hers to keep.

Their silence was interrupted by the beeping of Zendaya's watch. Midnight. It was officially their anniversary. The couple smiled at each other.

"I love you Dinah Jane," Zendaya said.

"I love you more Zendaya Maree," Leilani responded. They ended the night with a loving kiss.