Chapter 2

*1-2 years ago, during the Son's of Garmadon/Hunted era*

Nya's POV

"I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of shooting. It seems like we just started filming last week," I admit, leaning back on Harumi's couch. Skylor sits on the opposite side of the couch from me, her scarlet hair tied up in a casual ponytail. Harumi sits on the ground, folding origami swans with Pix.

"Tell me about it. It seems like just yesterday I was auditioning for the role of the Jade princess. Little did I know that I'd actually get the role and that my character would become one of the main antagonists," Harumi says in awe as the folds the paper. Creasing the neck again, she holds up her creation.

"A role that you've absolutely killed, by the way," Skylor adds. "The way that you carry yourself out there is amazing, really."

"I'd like to second that," I join on. "You play the broken, evil girl perfectly. It's as if the viewer can feel the pain that your character feels when you look at Lloyd."

"Speaking of how I feel when I look at Lloyd, he came into my dressing room today before I was going to leave. He...he asked me to be his girlfriend," she informs us, blush covering her cheeks. Her green eyes are glowing.

"You said yes, right?" Skylor checks.

"Of course I did. I've liked him ever since we filmed last season," she tells us, a large smile on her face.

"I am so happy for you," I inform her, genuinely. "Lloyd's a really sweet guy."

"And yet again, the show pairings prevail," Skylor states.

"What do you mean?" Harumi asks.

"Every time two people are together in Ninjago, they end up getting together in real life. First, it was Pix and Zane, then Kai and me. Kai and Nya's parents got together after playing a married couple, and now you and Lloyd," Skylor explains.

"Our theory is that due to our characters being based on ourselves, if the characters are compatible in the show, the actors usually are too," PIXAL backs up Skylor's statement.

"Granted, there's one flaw in the model, but we all know that it'll work itself out over time," Skylor looks over at me, giving me an innocent smile.

"Jay's one of my best friends, but that's it. I'm with Gabe, remember?" I state.

Skylor and Pix both raise their eyebrows at me. "No offense, but Gabe is a manipulative douche. Besides, you've kissed both. Who's the better kisser?"

"That's a loaded question," I cross my arms, trying to avoid mentally comparing the kisses from my boyfriend and my show boyfriend because when I have before, I've gone too far down into the mental rabbit hole. Gabe is so forceful, so abrasive, as if I'm just an object to him. Jay on the other hand...

"It wouldn't be if you thought that your boyfriend was a better kisser," Skylor points out. She takes a long sip from the water bottle next to her.

"Oh, and during Sky..." Skylor starts, and I immediately glare at her, making her stop talking.

"I feel like I'm missing something," Harumi says. Pix nods in agreement before holding up her origami frog, proud of her work.

"It's nothing important."

A bing fills the room briefly. Pix pulls her phone out of her pocket and smiles. "Zane, Kai, Cole, and Jay have arrived safely from their flight from the desert where they've been filming for the past month. Zane just texted me that they landed."