Chapter 10

A/N: Sorry for the wait! I gave you all a long chapter to hopefully make up for it.

*1-2ish years ago*

Harumi's POV

Taking the makeup wipes on my vanity, I clean the red smear off from around my eyes. They water as I do so. Today was the last time I'm ever going to play the Jade Princess. It's not even like Skylor where her character left but could easily come back. My character is dead. There's no arguing that.

At the time of my audition, I was ready to give up acting. I tried countless gigs, but I was never cast. Whether it was the girl next door, the evil sidekick, the fun but mentally slow best friend, they always told me I wasn't what they were looking for. I started to think I was a bad actress. However, when there was a casting call for the newest season of Ninjago, I decided that I was going to "go big or go home". Clearly, I went big.

We filmed the past two seasons back to back, and it was so fun. From my initial appearance to the wild boat scene with Lloyd to the ambush on the elemental masters, everything was a thrill. I got to push my boundaries and make new friends. Most casts are stuck up, but not this one. Lloyd, Nya, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane and everyone else are all so humble. They act like they're just regular people.

I've made some amazing friends that I don't want to lose. Lloyd and Nya have been beside me through this entire process, helping me become more accustomed to the screen. The rest of the guys were also a big help, but they've been off in the desert filming for the past month or so.

Lloyd had been especially helpful. He's always so kind, offering to show me moves if I mess up or going out of his way after hours to make sure I have my lines down. He gives my nice little tips that really help me get into character and enhance the realism of my emotions.

I'd be lying to myself if I were to say I haven't developed feelings for Lloyd. When you've worked with someone that charming for months straight, it's hard to have nothing form. He's hilarious, attractive, and kind; what more could you ask for?

The set is overflowing with chemistry all of the time. Between Jay and Nya (who aren't dating but clearly should be) and Pixie and Zane, there are clear examples of how well certain people can fit together. That's what I want in life, and I feel like Lloyd is who I work like that with.

Once I finish cleaning off my face, I let out a long sigh. It's my last time ever being in this dressing room. It's been a complete whirlwind, and I couldn't be more grateful for it. It's just sad to see it go.

Tying my hair up in a ponytail, I go to stand up and say bye to everyone when there's a knock at my door. "Come in."

The door opens, and Lloyd is standing at the other side. He's cleaned up after we wrapped up today's scenes, wiping all of the fake dirt and cuts off of his face. He's wearing a pair of black sweatpants with a green hoodie. Running his hand through his blonde hair that's significantly grown out since he was younger, he gives me a smile. "I was hoping that I could talk to you. Is that alright?"

"Yeah of course. Just close the door behind you," I tell him. Once he gently shuts the door, he walks over and sits on the small couch they put in my dressing room. I move over there to join him, sitting about two feet away. "What's up?"

"Well, I..." he can't find words, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah it is, more than alright, actually," he scratches the back of his neck. "I've had a really fun time filming these seasons with you, Rumi..."