Chapter 19: Goodbye...

*1 ½ days later*

The long road didn't seem to end. Hiyoko and (Y/N) were already at their limit because of the heavy equipment they brought.

The Multi-instrumentalist now carried Hiyoko on his back.

They gave the equipment to Izuru who easily managed to carry it.

A small drop of liquid dropped down on (Y/N)'s head.

(Y/N): "Hey, Hiyoko. Wake up."

She woke up and almost fell off his shoulders.

Hiyoko: "What? Who is it?"

(Y/N): "It's me. Can you please stop drooling on my head?"

Hiyoko: "Oh, I'm sorry.", she wiped away the drool that was running down the right corner of her mouth.

Izuru then stopped dead in his tracks.

(Y/N): "What is it?"

Izuru: "Duck!"

(Y/N): "Aww. There is no duck-"

A kunai shot past him with lightning speed.

(Y/N) jumped in surprise and went to the bushes that were next to them.

???: "Come out! We know you're here!", an ear-piercing voice said from afar.

The two unknown people came nearer, now revealing themselves.

(Y/N): "Ruruka Ando and Sonosuke Izayoi…", he put Hiyoko down and went to the main road again.

Hiyoko: "(Y/N)! What are you doing?", she held his hand back.

(Y/N): "I'm gonna face them."

Izuru gave him a weird look but decided to do nothing against his behavior.

Hiyoko: "Why would you do that? They will kill you. Who knows how much backup they brought with them!'

(Y/N): "Relax, Hiyoko. I'm gonna protect you, remember?", he looked over his shoulders and winked at her.

Hiyoko: "I-I."

(Y/N) released himself from her grip and walked towards the couple.

Ruruka: "Are you surrendering that easily? How pathetic, isn't it Sonosuke?"

Sonosuke: "Yep."

Ruruka took out some sweets she made and threw it into the air.

Sonosuke quickly jumped and caught the sweets mid-air with his mouth.

Ruruka: "You're so cute, my little Sonosuke!", she squeezed and pulled on his cheeks while he still ate.

(Y/N): "Stop it with the couple crap and fight!"

Ruruka: "Hey! Don't be mean to us! Sonosuke! Kill him!"

Sonosuke: "I thought we should-"

Ruruka: "Just kill him!"

Sonosuke: "Very well."

Sonosuke took out some kunai and ran towards (Y/N).

He took a silver flute out of his backpack and parried Sonosuke's attack.

Ruruka: "A flute against the Ultimate Blacksmith's crafts?! Pfft! How pathetic!"

Sonosuke tried to continue his attacks towards (Y/N), but was left with no result.

(Y/N): "Thank you for showing me how to be agile, Hiyoko.", he thought.

*Flashback to 3 months before*