Chapter 20: ...Despair

After spending some time on their own, Izuru and (Y/N) met in a forest. (Y/N) jumped in surprise as he saw him.

(Y/N): "Why were you at Towa Tower?! We're supposed to find the building!"

Izuru: "I had something to take care of."

(Y/N): "Yeah, but what?"

Izuru: "..."

(Y/N): "I guess you won't tell me."

Izuru: "Correct."

(Y/N): "Well...While you were away I met Komaru Naegi. She's the sister of Makoto Naegi."

Izuru: "Makoto… Naegi…"

(Y/N): "And then there was her friend-."

Izuru: "I know."

(Y/N): "What? How did you know what I was about to say?"

Izuru: "How boring."

(Y/N): "Boring?! I'll let you know that I almost died protecting her!", but every attempt to defend himself proved useless.

Izuru and (Y/N) arrived at an abandoned building.

(Y/N): “Is this the place?”

He nodded and went inside.

Izuru: “This is an outpost made by Junko. She is supposed to be here but…”

Izuru picked up a letter that was left in the main hall. He immediately recognized her hand writing.

(Y/N): “What does the letter say?”

Izuru: “It says that you should record some… "music".”

(Y/N): “Music?! Why and how?”

Izuru: “It says: “(Y/N). We both know that you are an amazing musician. And we both know that you can easily use your music to manipulate people. And since you don't wanna tell me your secret, I'll just have to kindly ask. The list you see on the bottom of this page contains a list of two classes you know very well: Class 77-B and Class 78. Now. I have seen your “projects” on your computer. One was titled “Danganronpa” and the other one was called “Bababa”. Really?”

(Y/N) chuckled nervously when he heard that.

Izuru: “”I don’t really like that name, but what I do enjoy is the music. It’s so… despair fulfilling. It would be a lot of fun to punish the traitor among a group while they listened to your music, wouldn’t it?””

(Y/N): “That doesn’t even make sense.”

Izuru: “”Of course you wouldn’t get it. Then go with Izuru through the door in front of you. It will explain everything.””

Without hesitation, Izuru walked inside, followed by (Y/N).

He turned a switch and the whole room filled itself with light. Hundreds of screens lit up. But only one screen showed something.

The footage showed someone, who was tied up and blindfolded, being sent towards the moon inside of a rocket. The rocket then fell down and revealed the skeleton remains of the unknown person.

(Y/N) went nearer as the video looped itself. He realized who it was and the music in the video. It was his.

(Y/N): “Jin Kirigiri. The headmaster of Hope’s Peak Academy. But why?”

Izuru: “”I found some sketches in your little book. One of them was the rocket execution that I tried on Mr. Kirigiri. You truly were a psychopath even before this.””